Sign in to follow this  
nightscape94

Williams in Concert with the Philadelphia Orchestra - April 18, 2018

9 minutes ago, Tom said:

All of these concerts prove that Williams knows he has a winner on his hands with his music to TLJ and needs to perform it everywhere. 

That's an interesting notion!

I do, however, think that it all speaks more to Williams knowing that it would be a hit by virtue of the fact that its music bearing his name and the name "Star Wars." Its like how Howard Shore put The Hobbit in Four Movements at the start of his "Music of Howard Shore" events.

I also think that the deeper he goes into this sequel trilogy, the more proud he becomes of his achievement: In terms of the thematic architecture, Star Wars is by far his magnum opus.

They're on sale now to subscribers only, which is why it prompted the code. 

They don't have an ETA on the public sale yet, it just says "Single tickets will go on sale to the general public at a later date"

I don't really like it. And it's a 20 minute piece so it would take up a lot of time out of a concert that I'd have to drive 90 minutes to see.

I try to like it, I put it on every now and then but it doesn't do anything for me.

1 hour ago, MrScratch said:

And it's a 20 minute piece so it would take up a lot of time out of a concert that I'd have to drive 90 minutes to see.

Some of us would need to spend $2K and 24 hours in a plane for the privilege. 90 minutes is nothing! I spend that long getting to work every day. 

I'm definitely going to do everything I can to get a ticket for this. I just hope I don't miss whatever date they are released! It will be my first ever Williams conducted concert. I have dreamt of seeing the great man in person conducting and I so damn hope I can grab a ticket for this. I'll be coming from the UK.