Sign in to follow this  
Mari

An Evening with John Williams -- Baltimore 6/13/18

The John Williams 2018 conducting tour continues in Baltimore:

An Evening with John Williams

This program is currently only available to BSO Subscribers.

Join us for this one-night-only special event! Music Director Marin Alsop and world-renowned, Academy Award-winning composer John Williams lead the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra in a program featuring the music of his acclaimed film scores, including selections from Star Wars, Harry Potter, E.T. The Extra-terrestrial, Memoirs of a Geisha, Raiders of the Lost Ark and more.

Plus, for a small additional charge of $500, a limited number of tickets are available for a VIP post-concert Dessert & Champagne Reception with John Williams and Marin Alsop.

Can't believe we get to experience this again 5 years after JW last visited Baltimore.......I have the exact same seats as last time.......4th row orchestra, a little in from the aisle on the left side ---- perfect for getting the intimate sound and having a good angle on the Maestro, being less than 20 ft from him.  

His Baltimore concert in 2013 was electric ---- best concert that I have ever attended (and I've attended such ones as him conducting half the concert at Tanglewood last year).   Would there be any way to get a recording of that concert?  

I'm contemplating the post-concert reception, but the fee is so very high...................can anyone recommend this event from past experience at other concerts that had post-concert VIP sessions with JW?  

I've considered calling the orchestra to ask if autographs are permitted and if we get to talk to JW.  I have a feeling the former will not be permitted and the latter cannot be guaranteed.  If I got to meet him again, I'd probably ask about Sugarland Express.