Mark Mothersbaugh's THOR RAGNAROK

toothless

Can anyone identify the uses of Tyler's Thor 2 or Ultron themes by track/timestamp?  Both were listed in the credits, but I didn't notice either of them.

54 minutes ago, igger6 said:

Can anyone identify the uses of Tyler's Thor 2 or Ultron themes by track/timestamp?  Both were listed in the credits, but I didn't notice either of them.

I don't know about the Tyler themes, but the track Where To, has a bold statement of Doyle's theme at 1:44. and Giacchino's Doctor Strange strings actually get referenced in "Weird Things Happen".

8 hours ago, igger6 said:

4 hours ago, TheUlyssesian said:

In the movie during the mock play, there is a female choir by the stage which sings the main theme from Thor 2. So it is in-movie usage which I thought was quite clever.

Additionally, I'm pretty sure you can hear Tyler's Thor: Dark World theme from 6:25 to 6:36 in Ragnarok Suite. 

The only part in the film where I heard Age of Ultron quoted was...

Spoiler

...during the Thor vs. Hulk fight scene where Thor tries to force Hulk to revert to Banner using the same method Black Widow uses in Ultron, where the same music (the Black Widow & Hulk motif) is played. This is not on the OST. 

8 hours ago, Matt C said:

Also loved his nods to Doyle and Tyler's themes. This is a composer that did his homework.

THIS !

Each composer can bring his personality to any score. All I'm asking for, is some continuity ! I don't want Mothersbough to imitate Tyler who's imitating Doyle. But some consistency in themes where needed.

A few short cameos of some themes doesn't really constitue continuity, does it? It's more easter eggs to please the fans than something done to create continuity.

Continuity would actually be using one of the themes the previous composers wrote for the character and develop it further instead of writing a new one.

Continuity is an Easter Egg to please the fans BB.

Apparently according to Broxtons review, Waititi and Mothersbaugh had seen that YouTube video, and that is why those themes etc. show.

When the Hulk/Lullaby theme shows up in the movie: 1: Is it tracked? 2:is it used in a  somewhat of a consistent context?

Wouldn't this be a better analogy BB? ;)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bp/secret-avengers-cameo-lou-ferrigno-helped-voice-hulk-224317172.html&ved=0ahUKEwiRqZz5xKfXAhXH5IMKHU04BaUQFgggMAA&usg=AOvVaw17MM2ug09BHhxpiVmTMNqM

Just now, BloodBoal said:

1. I don't know.

2. Yes. But it was not what I was referring to.

If it is not tracked, then that fits the definition of continuity in my view. 

Except both themes are themes for Thor, Where Norton would be playing (most likely) a separate character from Ruffalo. 

Definition of continuity:

"the unbroken and consistent existence or operation of something over a period of time."

Now obviously the unbroken part is impossible, but I believe the rest could still apply.

3 hours ago, Fargo said:

BloodBoal is wrong, we can all agree on that.

Obviously not.

8 hours ago, Mr. Who said:

The Doyle Brothers/secondary Thor theme closed the movie...

Fixed.