• The Phantom Menace
    • Attack of the Clones
    • Revenge of the Sith
  2. 2. Which score is better?

• The Phantom Menace
    • Attack of the Clones
    • Revenge of the Sith

TPM for both. 

The score is unequivocally outstanding. Top ten JW score for me. It's such a large piece of work with so much new material and yet it is still identifiable as Star Wars. JW kind of opened up what a Star Wars score could be, so much so that the other two, while still very good, feel somewhat like they're in its shadow, particularly with "Duel of the Fates".

It's insane to call TPM a better movie than the rest of the PT, because it is not a good movie by any stretch of the imagination. But it feels the most tactile, the most "cinematic" in the way the OT was visually and production-wise that it wins nearly by default. The digital cinematography of the latter two just looks awful, and contains some truly terrible elements that TPM does not have, namely Hayden Christensen and the "romance" between Padme and Anakin. Plus it has easily the best lightsaber fight, the only one that's really worth a damn in the PT.

Very well put, even though I do like Revenge of the Sith more on both accounts.

I have no inherent problem with using digital cameras and while The Phantom Menace has more shots that are not properly framed, it also doesn't have those out of place faux-documentary touches during the virtualy-created setpieces.