NEW Concert work: "Highwood’s Ghost", a fantasia for cello, harp and orchestra for cellist Yo-Yo Ma and harpist Jessica Zhou (Premieres August 19th at Tanglewood)

WilliamsStarShip2282

The video is the same as on the Blu-Ray release, of course, though the interview seems to have been re-edited from the two bonus videos on the disc. Need to recheck and compare if there is something on the stream that might be missing on the Blu-Ray bonus section.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you happen to see if the broadcast was any different from the blu ray/ dvd? The videos in the broadcast were the same they played for the audience during the concert.... and I believe in that order as well.

From the bits I checked, it seems to be basically the same. The tribute clips on the broadcast are played where they were used during the concert, while on the BD a selection of those were moved to the bonus material section of the disc. Also, there are some crossfades between performances, while on conductor and soloist steps out of the stage and following is entering, that might be slightly different.

• 1 year later...

The concert in which Highwood's Ghost premiered will be shown here:

https://www.bso.org/Performance/Detail/111185

Trying to tell from this thread if this has already been seen before. It seems like a different program than the Blu-Ray being discussed?

If it is the actual premiere, it is conducted by Nelsons.

The Williams conducted performance came a week or two later, and is the one included on the Bernstein Centennial Gala, released on Blu-Ray.

I've been eagerly waiting for this BSO stream, but I suspect they won't include the previously unavailable video of the premiere, and instead use the one from the Blu-Ray. 

The concert looks different because most of this streams are made of pieces taken from different concerts, sometimes from different seasons.

EDIT: this was the concert where Highwood Ghost was actually premiered: https://www.bso.org/Performance/Detail/93195/

The concert you mentioned was conducted entirely by Andris Nelsons, who isn't listed at all on the upcoming video, so it seems the Highwood's Ghost performance is indeed probably the August 25, 2018 concert shown on the Blu-Ray. The other contents of the video don't seem to be on the Blu-Ray, though. I wonder if both the other pieces will be conducted by Stefan Asbury?