Star Wars vs. Star Trek: The Definitive Poll  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which sci-fi epic do you prefer?

• Star Wars
    • Star Trek
    • I love both equally!
    • Are you kidding me? Both suck.
    • Doctor Who

We come to it at last; the great poll of our time.

Both are massively influential giants in the sci-fi genre, and continue to excite and inspire millions of fans decades after their inceptions.

Which sci-fi epic do you prefer; the rollicking action and adventure of Star Wars, or the cerebral intelligence and ingenuity of Star Trek?

I prefer Star

Spoiler

Wars/Trek

because Star

Spoiler

Trek/Wars

is for GEEKS!

28 minutes ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

Oooooh, can we ban the people who vote for Doctor Who?

If only.

Star Wars has better movies, Star Trek movies are weak throughout, although there are exceptions. Star Trek has great series, Star Wars has The Clone Wars. I like movies more than series so I go with Star Wars.

Well I should be. Someday I will. Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever. I promise you. I will even learn how to ban people before they profess their love for Doctor Who. 

Bofur01 wants a perma holiday too!

Just wondering, but does anyone on this forum like Star Trek: Discovery? Like, at all? I've poked around the official thread for the show, and the vast majority of comments are about how "it screws up the continuity of the Trek timeline" and "I refuse to accept it as a legit Trek show". I've heard it's a pretty good series, but I haven't gotten around to checking it out yet.

Also, I find it humorous how the show's abbreviated title is STD.

• 2 weeks later...

Star Trek has the better shows, Star Wars the better films. Both have great music but Star Wars has to win on that front. Both are incredible and for some reason difficult for me to compare. Maybe Trek inspires me the most as a universe and with its ideas but Star Wars overall probably moves me more emotionally. 

Hey, Doctor Who is also great (musically too!) but can't compete at the Trek/Wars level.

STAR WARS is awesome in every conceivable way. Vice versa, I don't "hate" STAR TREK, exactly, but I dislike most things about it. DOCTOR WHO I've come to appreciate over the last decade or so.