Which film have you seen more than any other?

Nick1Ø66

Is there at least one film you've seen more than 50 times?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Is there at least one film you've seen more than 50 times?

• Yes!
    • Um, no. Who sees a film that many times? Losers.

Inspired by a post in the Jaws 2 vs. Lost World thread, state which film you've seen more times than any other, approximately how many times, and why.  

Listing of runners up also welcome!

Probably The Wizard of Oz? I really wouldn't know how many times but I fell in love with it when I was 2 or 3 and I'm sure I racked up 50 by the time I was 5 lol. I still watch it once a year or so. :)

Edit: Ended up seeing it again Thanksgiving 2018 so there you go.

I think my answer is the same sneaky one that many others, at least in America, probably unwittingly share - A Christmas Story.  Seen multiple times every year, during its 24 hour marathon presentation.  

Hmmm, the poll question is a different question than the thread title

Which film have you seen more than any other?

I'd guess its probably a three way tie between each film of the original Star Wars trilogy, probably.  But the Indiana Jones trilogy has gotta be not too far behind.

Is there at least one film you've seen more than 50 times?

Oh, no, I seriously doubt it.  I have no idea how many times I've seen Star Wars, but I can't imagine its more than... 20?  I dunno.

I wouldn’t be able to tell you how many times I’ve seen the first 6 Star Warses, 8 Harry Potterses, and the Lord of the Ringses 

JURASSIC PARK -- about 60 times. This probably also holds the record for the most-played soundtrack -- it must be several hundred, if not close to 1000 soon? It basically ran non-stop throughout much of my teenage and young adult years. Wore out my cassette tape before I got the CD, and continued there.

ALIEN and ALIENS -- about 40-50 times

BLADE RUNNER, E.T., EDWARD SCISSORHANDS -- about 30 times, as these were also part of my dissertation analysis

Other films I've seen a great number of times, although not as much as 50 include the STAR WARSes, JP 2 and 3, LOTR trilogy, INDIANA JONESes, The APU trilogy, A.I., PROFESSIONE: REPORTER, ALIEN 3, ALIEN: RESSURECTION, PROMETHEUS, HOME ALONE, CHRISTMAS VACATION. Most of my favourite Spielberg and Ridley Scott films are up there in the several dozens, at least.

For TV shows, I think TWIN PEAKS holds the record (the first two seasons), with the entire series at least 7-8 times. Looking forward to having my second go at THE RETURN soon.

For TV series I'd say it's DS9 more than any other. Along with endless random episodes of TNG & TOS growing up. 

There's also a Canadian series called Slings & Arrows that I've probably watched half a dozen times straight through. Though granted that one only ran 18 episodes. 

As far as TV shows are concerned, I'm a one and done kind of guy. The only shows I've watched again in their entirety are Breaking Bad, Twin Peaks and The Office. All with someone whom had never watched them.

12 minutes ago, Quintus said:

As far as TV shows are concerned, I'm a one and done kind of guy. The only shows I've watched again in their entirety are Breaking Bad, Twin Peaks and The Office. All with someone whom had never watched them.

Ive been thinking of a Breaking Bad rewatch. How did you find it the second time around? 

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a film more than 50 times.

As for movies I’ve seen the most? I have no idea, but I imagine it has to be the stuff I grew up watching as a kid:

The Rock

The Fifth Element

GoldenEye

Gremlins 2

Weekend At Bernie’s

Kung Pow: Enter The Fist

Batman Forever

Leslie Nielsen comedies

Spaceballs

Etc. 

I grew up in a household in which everyone (parents included) was prone to rewatching films. Some of the staples of my early years were JawsBack to the Future, Ralph Bakshi's The Lord of the RingsYoung Sherlock HolmesAn American Werewolf in LondonDarby O'Gill and the Little People, RoboCop, The Life of Brian and Richard Lester's The Three Musketeers. I couldn't begin to make a plausible estimate of the number of times I watched any of those. The most watched would probably have been The Lord of the Rings since it had a big head start; I used to watch it on Saturday mornings in my grandparents' house before we had a video recorder in ours.

Other much-watched (i.e., a double-figured number of times) films that come to mind are AmadeusPulp FictionThe Shawshank RedemptionThe Remains of the DayMulholland DriveThere Will Be BloodDie HardTaxi Driver2001: A Space OdysseyHannah and Her Sisters, A Fish Called Wanda, Citizen Kane, 12 Angry MenLone StarPsychoMASHMidnight Run, The Silence of the LambsIn the Line of FireThe SearchersWhisky Galore!, A History of Violence, Michael Mann's The Last of the Mohicans and Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings.

I know people who find it absurd to watch a film when you already know what happens. To my mind, that's like finding it absurd to listen to a symphony when you already know how the key-scheme pans out...

4 hours ago, Glóin the Dark said:

I grew up in a household in which everyone (parents included) was prone to rewatching films. Some of the staples of my early years were JawsBack to the Future, Ralph Bakshi's The Lord of the RingsYoung Sherlock HolmesAn American Werewolf in LondonDarby O'Gill and the Little People, RoboCop, The Life of Brian and Richard Lester's The Three Musketeers. I couldn't begin to make a plausible estimate of the number of times I watched any of those. The most watched would probably have been The Lord of the Rings since it had a big head start; I used to watch it on Saturday mornings in my grandparents' house before we had a video recorder in ours.

Other much-watched (i.e., a double-figured number of times) films that come to mind are AmadeusPulp FictionThe Shawshank RedemptionThe Remains of the DayMulholland DriveThere Will Be BloodDie HardTaxi Driver2001: A Space OdysseyHannah and Her Sisters, A Fish Called Wanda, Citizen Kane, 12 Angry MenLone StarPsychoMASHMidnight Run, The Silence of the LambsIn the Line of FireThe SearchersWhisky Galore!, A History of Violence, Michael Mann's The Last of the Mohicans and Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings.

I know people who find it absurd to watch a film when you already know what happens. To my mind, that's like finding it absurd to listen to a symphony when you already know how the key-scheme pans out...

I seem to have lived in one of those homes. Off the top of my head: A View to a Kill, Diamonds Are Forever, Independence Day, the Final Countdown, a few of the Carry On's (chiefly Cabby, Sergeant and Nurse). Outside of my family, I'd say my most watched, and possibly verging on the 50+: The Wrath of Khan, The Search for Spock and the Voyage Home plus On Her Majesty's Secret Service. 

6 minutes ago, Strangways said:

I seem to have lived in one of those homes. 

It's okay when there's agreement on the films in question, but when there isn't...

There was a time when Dirty DancingPretty Woman and Grease 2 were the bane of my life!

Just now, Glóin the Dark said:

It's okay when there's agreement on the films in question, but when there isn't...

There was a time when Dirty DancingPretty Woman and Grease 2 were the bane of my life!

absolutely, I can't remember massive disagreements but we must have knackered the VHS' of some of these films. Still remember the old ITN/ITV idents for the Final Countdown. My Dad had a knoack of cutting the breaks out when recording. Wish I had them now, be like a museum piece. :D

Grease 2 should be the bane of anyone's life, really Haha. 

I dare- say the likes of Summer Holiday, the Young Ones and Sound of Music were the films that could prove quite divisive on Sunday's. 

5 hours ago, Glóin the Dark said:

Great post!  I grew up in a house like this also.

I think I've watched each of the Middle Earth films a couple of dozens of times. Dunno if it amounts to over fifty.

I'm actually rewatching them again leading up to Return of the King live to-projection in December. Watched the Desolation of Smaug today.

Titanic, the first two Jurassic Park, Balto, Home Alone The Mummy, The Mask of Zorro, Bambi, Pocahontas, Tarzan, The Road to El Dorado, but no more than 50 times. All of them because the movies were available on local TVs on special dates like Christmas or children's programs.It was not like I could choose. :mrgreen:

I've seen Forrest Gump maybe around 30 times. Loved it as a kid. I've also seen most Disney animated films more then ten times, and of course I've marathoned the Harry Potter and Star Wars films.

2 hours ago, James said:

Titanic, the first two Jurassic Park, Balto, Home Alone The Mummy, The Mask of Zorro, Bambi, Pocahontas, Tarzan, The Road to El Dorado, but no more than 50 times. All of them because the movies were available on local TVs on special dates like Christmas or children's programs.It was not like I could choose. :mrgreen:

El Dorado is great!

• 1 year later...

This is such a nice thread to revive

as a child: Toy Story, TLK, TPM

nowadays: The Last Crusade, ESB, Amadeus

But the real answer is Dinosaur. The only one I can watch when I close my eyes in it's entirety and not miss a shot. Thank you, James Newton Howard

I saw The Powerpuff Girls Movie three times in theatres, Jurassic World three times, JW: Fallen Kingdom twice, Little Mermaid twice (a reissue in the 90’s and a screening a couple years ago), Krampus twice...there are probably others I can’t remember yet.

37 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

With as many times as I saw it and brought different friends to showings, I was probably responsible for half of Tintin's US box office gross.

I saw TinTin once at the theatre and once on blu. I saw Ti Tanic many times. ESB many times (16 in theatre and drive in).

Star Wars many time (12) but A New Hope just once in the theatre.

I saw Superman 18 times in the theatre. Most of all films 

Saw ALIEN again tonight (as with JURASSIC PARK, I try to see it at least once annually), but I have long since lost count. Up there in the 50s, I think.

On 11/7/2017 at 2:29 AM, Hawmy said:

As a kid I watched toy story and pinocchio about a billion times each ...

And apparently, the average JWfaner doesn't outgrow this stage. Personally, I think EVERYTHING has a limited shelf-life. The more you watch, hear or experience something, the quicker it reaches its expiration date. That's why I try not to watch my absolute favorite movies too much.