21st Century Fox Pursuing Sale of ‘Most of the Company’ to Walt Disney

Jay

How long until Disney buys John Williams? They've already begun monopolizing his music with iron-clad, year-long contracts, preventing him from working for rival studios (Bridge of Spies, Ready Player One) and forcing him to record his scores around the corner from his house (they can't track his movements overseas).

How long until JWFan faces the same corporate acquisition? Soon we'll need microchips implanted just to like a post. Then they'll come for our thoughts...

6 minutes ago, crumbs said:

How long until Disney buys John Williams? They've already begun monopolizing his music

Right?  He went his entire career without scoring any films for them and now suddenly three scores in the past two years!

5 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

I forgot to mention that the banned members will not be allowed to buy copies of the Matessino-produced complete releases of the Star Wars and Indiana Jones scores.

We will free Matessino from his prison in the highest tower of Cinderella's Castle!  He will expand scores for the underground!

29 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Right?  He went his entire career without scoring any films for them and now suddenly three scores in the past two years!

TECHNICALLY Nixon was a Disney film (Disney owns Hollywood Pictures and it was distributed by BV)

Just now, The Doctor said:

He didn't even bother scoring the Disney Star Wars and Indiana Jones attractions back in the day. I mean, he did the E.T. ride for Universal.

It's almost like he was intentionally avoiding Disney.  And when your only Disney score over 50 years is a film like Nixon, I mean.... that's like a statement or something.

Or a really wild coincidence!

I mean, it is kinda shocking that he never scored a feature length handdrawn animated film during their heyday

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

Or a really wild coincidence!

I mean, it is kinda shocking that he never scored a feature length handdrawn animated film during their heyday

It doesn't help that during what most would consider Williams "heyday" when he might have been most susceptible to an offer like that (let's say early 70s to when he took the BPO gig and had to limit his film work) is when Disney animation was at their absolute lowest point in terms of quality and reputation.  Post Walt's death, pre-Little Mermaid.

1 hour ago, BloodBoal said:

I hope you guys realize that when Disney will buy JWFAN, every member who trashed the company will be banned forever.

Just sayin'.

That will NEVER happen! Jay will protect us from The Mouse!

Right Jay?

Jay?

9 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Isn't Jay just the forum moderator?  @Rick is the one who must protect us.  Am I wrong?

Saying Jay is "just" a moderator is like saying Yoda was just another member of the Jedi Council.

We need Jay. Now, more than ever.

You all speak as if Disney doesn't own this whole place already.

The Mouse is watching...always watching...

57 minutes ago, Jay said:

"just"?

"just"!?

"just"!?!?!??!

Oh Stu, you disappoint me.

You should let Steef help you with some of your mod duties!

2 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

LeBlanc would feel no remorse selling JWFAN for a little money so he could buy more soundtracks.

We're doomed. DOOMED, I TELL YA!

1 hour ago, KK said:

You all speak as if Disney doesn't own this whole place already.

The Mouse is watching...always watching...

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else really fucking worried, about this?

Disney has proven itself time and time again that it is an amoral, avaricious, cynical company. Now it acquires another studio, plus all the stuff that goes with it. How long before it makes a bid for Warner Bros., or Universal, or Paramount?

Is there no ended to The Mouse's greed? 

All internet fanboys seem to care about is how it will result in the integration between Marvel and X-Men. They're ecstatic about it. Disney has conditioned them to be right where it wants them through its nurturing of modern nerddom.

Alien/Predator fans, however, are fucking terrified.

Crazy this actually happened. I've got mixed feelings about it, as I feel it could be bad for future film studios, but acknowledge at the same time it has me kinda interested, as I'm curious to see what Disney will do with most of Fox's titles. I do know that the Alien franchise is basically dead already anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Oh God, more X-Men films? I think i'm done with this series. Logan was a nice way to finish.

None of those films really feel like X-Men.

Karol