21st Century Fox Pursuing Sale of ‘Most of the Company’ to Walt Disney

Jay

54 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Oh God, more X-Men films? I think i'm done with this series. Logan was a nice way to finish.

There are already three coming out next year, Disney-free!  New Mutants, X-Men Dark Phoenix, and Deadpoop 2!

I do hope that Marvel Studios does right by X-Men AND Fantastic Four!  At any rate, Marvel Comics (the publishing leg) can finally stop giving the short shrift to X-men and especially FF, as they had reportedly been doing to spite Fox.

So what does this mean for existing and future Fox film and television products in terms of branding?

In the 1990s and the 2000s, the Fox logo opening on films featured "A News Corporation Company", so would that be altered in favour of a new logo for future re-releases of those films?

Will Disney insist on alterations of the Fox logo, the fanfare, etc?

Will future Fox blu-rays/UHD retain Fox branding on the covers or will that branding eventually be phased out in favour of something else?

And does this pose issues for companies like LLL having access to the Fox music archives for future releases?

I thought the sale only let Disney make new movies with their franchises, I didn't think it had anything to do with the distribution of their existing films.

1 hour ago, Denise Bryson said:

Someone needs to set a trap for that damn Mouse.

For that, you'd need a pretty big piece of cheese! :lol:

1 hour ago, BloodBoal said:

Why would you want to do that? The Mouse is Love, the Mouse cares for us, surrounds us, binds us. We are all the Children Of The Mouse!

The Mouse is avaricious, The Mouse is evil, The Mouse wants all your money, The Mouse has no soul!

So the main goal is to start a streaming service like Netflix? With existing Fox series and, of course, the new Star Wars TV shows? 

And then they will take over Netflix?

Disney already has their own streaming service in the works - so this will possibly open up some doors for them as far as content. 

They also bought out Fox's stake in Hulu (which is co-owned with Comcast/NBC and Warner Bros).

Disney's playing the long game. While Netflix is hot right now, The Mouse is swallowing up all the major existing properties around it. And by the time they launch their streaming service, they will have ownership over most of the market anyway!

36 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

About that: http://www.businessinsider.fr/us/disney-fox-deal-means-x-men-deadpool-fantastic-four-join-marvel-cinematic-universe-2017-12/

Didn't realize Disney also gets Avatar now!

ID4/Alien/Avatar/SW crossover!

Don't laugh. I could imagine Disney now retconning either Avatar or ID4 as the origin of human space travel in the SW universe. The alien/human telepathy is actually the Force...

9 hours ago, Denise Bryson said:

I have daydreamed of the ID4 ships vs the Empire since 1996.

That's a nightmare.

5 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Disney, of course, since they own John Williams.

Why won't somebody buy Zimmer and make him stop making "music"?

8 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Ah, well... Hopefully, one day Disney will buy Warner Bros, and we'll get proper Blade Runner films!

Ah, you mean with a score by a proper composer!

He does if never releasing the original versions was part of the deal.

I doubt that this is in any way a priority for Disney anyway. They wanna earn billions with new movies, not millions by selling old ones.

There's no reason for the current Disney management to do something against him about this matter. It's more than likely that this specific issue (re-releasing the pre-Special Edition versions in any format) was part of the deal when he sold the company.