21st Century Fox Pursuing Sale of ‘Most of the Company’ to Walt Disney

Jay

On 14/12/2017 at 5:47 PM, BloodBoal said:

Dangerous talk.

Resistance is futile. You must join with It, Richard. You must join with The Mouse. It would be wise, my friend. 

Do you want a vision of the future, BB?

Imagine Disney controlling everything you see, hear, and read...forever!

Fuckin' nerds on Facebook. All they care about is their stupid X-Men and Fantastic 4 being in the same universe as the friggin Avengers. None of them seem to give a shit about what impact this potentially has on film and the industry as a whole. I swear, comic book films have ruined cinema and utterly destroyed nerddom's appreciation of it as an artform.

• 1 month later...

Not quite.

20th Century Fox is still the name of the film studio. The logo received a glossy new update in 2009, but nothing dramatically different.

However, 21st Century Fox is the new name for News Corporation (the parent company of 20th Century Fox) after Murdoch decided to rebrand. Might have been a company restructuring, I'm fuzzy on the details, you'll have to look it up.

• 5 months later...

Now that the Alien franchise belongs to The Mouse House, a family-friendly company, what will they do with it? Will they fire Scott and reboot the franchise so that all ages can enjoy the Alien universe, or will they simply bury the franchise because it doesn't correspond with their outlook? 

13 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Aliens versus Guardians Of The Galaxy.

They probably prefer to merge Alien and Avatar, that other franchise Disney now owns. 

db37765f5aff7e50e99d5961cf7758de--roger-

Financially it doesn't make much sense to spend billions acquiring all this IP then just shaft everything without a PG-13 rating. 

Worst case scenario they just AvP-ise the franchise but I reckon they'd sooner offload the IP to a subsidiary studio that still produces adult movies that don't fit with Disney's four-quadrant demographics.

I mean, are they really going to bury franchises like Deadpool, Alien, Die Hard, Predator and Baby's Day Out just because they're rated R? The residuals and merchandising alone are worth billions! I hardly think they'll turn their backs on hoovering up all the home video and streaming revenue they generate, especially with the big fat bill they have to pay off after acquiring it. 

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Financially it doesn't make much sense to spend billions acquiring all this IP then just shaft everything without a PG-13 rating. 

Worst case scenario they just AvP-ise the franchise but I reckon they'd sooner offload the IP to a subsidiary studio that still produces adult movies that don't fit with Disney's four-quadrant demographics.

I mean, are they really going to bury franchises like Deadpool, Alien, Die Hard, Predator and Baby's Day Out just because they're rated R? The residuals and merchandising alone are worth billions! I hardly think they'll turn their backs on hoovering up all the home video and streaming revenue they generate, especially with the big fat bill they have to pay off after acquiring it. 

Baby’s Day Out? 😂

I hope it's not a complete integration, just becoming a subsidiary. Would hate to lose the most iconic fanfare of movie history. And now they can strike a deal more easily to have it in front of the theatrical SW releases so they won't have to truncate them and they can be true archival releases! *goes to sob in the corner because the industry is horseshite and that will never happen*

7 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

They probably prefer to merge Alien and Avatar, that other franchise Disney now owns. 

db37765f5aff7e50e99d5961cf7758de--roger-

Did Roger Dean design this?

7 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Aliens versus Guardians Of The Galaxy.

I'd buy that, for a dollar.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, crumbs said:

I wonder what this will mean for labels getting soundtrack expansions for existing Fox films. Good? Bad?

I think Mark Snow posted on Facebook not long ago that this could be really bad.