21st Century Fox Pursuing Sale of ‘Most of the Company’ to Walt Disney

Jay

48 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

Surely Disney doing this is a breach of monopoly rules? 

Fuck off to the first person to make a reference to the board game.

What's the monopoly? There are lots of entertainment companies.

12 hours ago, crumbs said:

I wonder what this will mean for labels getting soundtrack expansions for existing Fox films. Good? Bad?

Fox is one of the easiest labels to work with.  When news of the sale became a pretty much guaranteed thing earlier this year, all the labels prioritized anything left remaining at Fox they wanted over all other projects.  There is about an 18 month window during which business as usual happens between them and Fox before Disney takes over that aspect of the business and they have to go through different channels to license stuff.

It was technically co-produced by Fox, Dreamworks, Cruise/Wagner and Amblin, but it's really an Amblin movie through and through.  Fox distributed it in the US and it was distributed by Dreamworks directly internationally.

Yes, the specialty labels would have to get a license from Fox for the music that wasn't on the OT, and from Dreamworks for the music that was.  It shouldn't be an issue for any label willing to pay for it.

Great to hear Jay. Considering A.I. was released the year before Minority Report, and was expanded over 3 years ago now, hopefully this is on LLL's agenda for the near future.

I'd be surprised if they wait until 2022 for the 20th Anniversary, purely in case licensing Fox scores become too difficult under Disney's ownership. I guess ultimately it's up to JW's camp though 🤷‍♂️

• 1 year later...
Just now, Yavar Moradi said:

Blah. What I really want to know is: will they reinstate the Alfred Newman 20th Century Fox fanfare to the Star Wars films? :)

Yavar

Do the Disney+ versions have it?

Woah, that's a super weird fact! 

As for Fox logo in SW on Disney+ I swear someone posted here on launch day they didn't have it. Maybe they added them after launch? 

These guys are morons. 20 years into the XXI century, and they choose to retain the "20th Century" part of the name instead of "Fox"? Why? People are more familiarized with Fox than 20th century anyway. Are they going to use Fox, sorry, 20th Century, just to release period movies?

On 1/17/2020 at 9:10 PM, Jay said:

Woah, that's a super weird fact! 

As for Fox logo in SW on Disney+ I swear someone posted here on launch day they didn't have it. Maybe they added them after launch? 

I think the 4K versions, finalized before the Disney sale, have the FOX logos.  I’m fairly certain the HD and SD versions are the available Blu-ray/digital editions, sans logo.

Edit: interestingly, I now see the 4K version (with Fox logos and Macklunkey) on my phone in regular HD

Whats is Disney's problem with classic logos? I've seen on TV that the modernized versions of some of their own classics replace the iconic Disney blue logo from the 80s/90s...

Resultado de imagem para disney logo 1985

With the new CGI, modern, overlong, Mark Mancina scored, logo, that doesn't even have the word "Walt":

Imagem relacionada

20 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Whats is Disney's problem with classic logos? I've seen on TV that the modernized versions of some of their own classics replace the iconic Disney blue logo from the 80s/90s...

Resultado de imagem para disney logo 1985

With the new CGI, modern, overlong, Mark Mancina scored, logo, that doesn't even have the word "Walt":

Imagem relacionada

The name "Walt" is incompatible with the company's family values.

images - 2020-01-21T135703.876.jpeg

1 hour ago, First TROS March Accolyte said:

Nobody knows who Walt Disney was. There is only Disney, the eternal corporation.

He was kept alive by the 'Walt Eternaltm' where he has been building a Disneytm Fleet from the shadowy realm of Exxon Mobil.

He knows Williams is approaching his academy awards streak and will transfer his life force into Williams when the time is right.

At least we've known for decades he was kept with cryogenic freezing! No plot hole. Unlike the other dude who just... lives now.

• 6 months later...