La La Land Records Black Friday 2017

Laserschwert

6 minutes ago, publicist said:

Several bootlegs of ie James Horner scores.

Ah. I thought you were referring to re-recordings.

On a side note, it would be interesting to see an expanded release from La La Land of Far and Away.

I've heard its common in Europe to serve beer at room temp, and I've tried a bunch of room temp beer and always prefer it cold over room temp

17 minutes ago, Jay said:

I've heard its common in Europe to serve beer at room temp, and I've tried a bunch of room temp beer and always prefer it cold over room temp

In me grandfather’s day they’d drink bottles of stout off the shelf at room temperature. 

Putting the hot poker from the fire into the barrel of stout was another thing too.

I like my beer cold though. 

And poured over ice in the case of cider.

I just drink Bulmers (Magners) as that’s actually a local one for me. 

I dont really know if there’s much of a craft cider market here. Bulmers and Orchard Thieves (way way way too sweet) are the most popular but I assume you can get those anywhere.

Ales and stouts would probably be the way to go if you want to try some craft stuff.

White Gypsy is a very good ale if that’s your thing. Tis heavy though. 

Franciscan Well’s Rebel Red is a lovely Cork ale!

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Where in Europe?

The only thing I've heard is that you don't have to spend your entire fortune for a six-pack in Europe.

It appears the recent Twilight Time Blu Ray of Dr. Dolittle (1967) with isolated music track is having a concurrent CD release, much like Stanley & Iris (but not Tom Sawyer or How To Steal A Million)

I just finished listening to the commentary track, and at the very end Mike Matessino mentions there will be a 2-CD expanded soundtrack release on La La Land Records. Hope that is still happening.

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/posts/4548167/

If its not a Black Friday title, it would miss its 50th anniversary year.

It's certainly always made an easy illustration for the beginning of the 70s "New Hollywood" and the end of "Old" Hollywood when it was nominated for Best Picture alongside The Graduate and Bonnie and Clyde.

One can make no assumptions about any of them, as no clues have been given.

All we know is CE3K and Dr Dolittle are coming from them, but that doesn't mean they are necessarily coming for Black Friday.

Of course, that means they'd miss their 40th and 50th anniversaries respectively if they aren't Black Friday titles, but LLL has missed loads of intended anniversaries over the years.

3 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Surely we can wait 51 hours and 35 minutes to find out?

Karol

Has he said the exact hour he'll announce?

I know in recent years its been 12:00 midnight PST Thursday night, but in older years it was on the Friday morning after he woke up - which is certainly MUCH more convenient for us East Coasters...

Just now, Jay said:

Has he said the exact hour he'll announce?

I know in recent years its been 12:00 midnight PST, but in older years it was on the Friday morning after he woke up - which is certainly MUCH more convenient for us East Coasters...

I just go by they've been doing for the past 4-5 years. It's reasonable to assume, I guess.

Karol

Early morning Friday is the best time for west coasters, east coasters, and Europe!

The midnight PST he's been doing it at lately is 3AM for us east coasters!  I didn't know The Lost World had been announced until ~5 hours after everyone else cause I was deep in REM sleep when he posted it!

15 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Any reason to assume the 4CD set could be the Mummy scores?

No idea about those, but if it is, I'll be ecstatic. Especially Jerry Goldsmith's The Mummy, a definite holy grail for me.