La La Land Records Black Friday 2017

Laserschwert

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Early morning Friday is the best time for west coasters, east coasters, and Europe!

The midnight PST he's been doing it at lately is 3AM for us east coasters!  I didn't know The Lost World had been announced until ~5 hours after everyone else cause I was deep in REM sleep when he posted it!

I'm fine either way! :)

Karol

On 20/11/2017 at 5:04 PM, Jay said:

I've heard its common in Europe to serve beer at room temp, and I've tried a bunch of room temp beer and always prefer it cold over room temp

Just germany and surroiunding countries.

Mediterranean countries take it cold.

6 minutes ago, Jay said:

Early morning Friday is the best time for west coasters, east coasters, and Europe!

The midnight PST he's been doing it at lately is 3AM for us east coasters!  I didn't know The Lost World had been announced until ~5 hours after everyone else cause I was deep in REM sleep when he posted it!

Midnight PST is good for me. 8 am means it’ll be there when I wake up!

I hope he announces them with festive Facebook introductions again.

And my Titanic hopes have just been raised because they were playing My Heart Will Go On in the shoe store. It seems a safer bet than hoping for HP1-2 on four discs anyway.

21 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

It's all part of MV's plans!  Tuesday, "My Heart Will Go On" plays in Belgian shoe stores.  Friday, Titanic is announced!  Brilliant marketing!

I predict your hopes will sink like a ship hitting an iceberg.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

One can make no assumptions about any of them, as no clues have been given.

Then technically, one can make any assumptions one likes to make. :-p

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

I had completely forgotten that The Danny Elfman Batman Collection is $50.  So there is precedent for very notable 4-disc, 2-film sets being priced under $60.  Now all bets are off in my mind ;) 

It was explicitly mentioned that the production of the JP set was very expensive and many forum members complained about the price. So the price does not include a high profile set.

Just imagine The John Williams Oliver Stone Collection.:wub: The number of discs would fit. But of course that is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

It's all part of MV's plans!  Tuesday, "My Heart Will Go On" plays in Belgian shoe stores.  Friday, Titanic is announced!  Brilliant marketing!

And the movie returns to AMC on Wednesday. It could fit. 

8 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Subtle.

3 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Which time zone is it at 12:01? How much longer do I have to wait in Quebec?

Un autre Québécois enfin!

12 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

If my calculations are correct, it'll be 8 am in Belgium... and I hope I'm gonna see some serious shit.

And 10 am in Finland.

Just now, Stefancos said:

Father Of The Bride II (Silvestri)

Rugrats The Movie (Mothersborough)

End Of Days (Debney)

Winnie The Pooh (McNeely)

Oh boy! :rock:

19 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

If my calculations are correct, it'll be 8 am in Belgium... and I hope I'm gonna see some serious shit.

There’s hours between me and San Fran.

There’s an hour between me an you .

You’d get it 7am and I’d get it 8 am. Non?

10 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Il y a plus de québecois que de français ici :( 

Here's basically just one or two users for every country/region. The rest is probably American. There are also just three German users I know of on this forum.

We are all indication of JW's worldwide influence. This is also a sign of quality. Trend-based things tend to be just beloved by one certain group of people. But here on this forum seem to be people of every wealth, age and nation.

23 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Maybe if you speak of individual nations, but in terms of regions the forum is majority European I thought.  At least for frequent posters

A European majority is rather surprising to me.

2 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Bullshit. People love crap everywhere, too.

People love crap everywhere, that's right. However, this is no argument against my statement.

Only four hours until the announcement! As far as I've got the time zone shit.

So I have NOT got the time zone shit.

52 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

It is actually. You said the fact that Williams' music is loved by people from various countries and age is a sign of quality, I said it's not the case. Just because people from different backgrounds love the same thing is no sign of quality of said thing.

You can find a great deal of crap artists that have fans all over the globe.

Normally yes, but here we have a little amount of loyal fans of different backgrounds that all know why JW is a great composer. As I said, trend-based entertainment TENDS to be beloved by a certain batch of people. The other possibility is that everyone likes it for unknown reasons. Does one of those possibilities apply for JW? Not really.

2 minutes ago, ymenard said:

There are dozens of us!

IL y a des douzaines d'entre nous!

Eh bien venez me voir sur ma page FB John Williams - Somewhere in my memory!