La La Land Records Black Friday 2017

Laserschwert

1 hour ago, crocodile said:

No, they said there was nothing modern about this batch. Only archival releases.

Karol

Oh great news then. We get music from some old TV series. ;) 

28 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Oh great news then. We get music from some old TV series. ;) 

I wouldn't be surprised if it's another animated Batman collection or something like that.

Karol

1 hour ago, BloodBoal said:

I know of an "old" TV series that could do with a complete release! And Season 1 could need a 4-disc set! Maybe... Just maybe! Yes it has to be it! Finally! Thank you, La-La-Land Records! I knew I could count on you!

I dunno if we're really in a rush for that 30 Rock soundtrack but I probably would buy it.

1 minute ago, BloodBoal said:

You silly, silly BS.

There seems to be something wrong with the quote function on the board because when you quote me it shows up under the name of someone who doesn't exist any more. 

Those 3 2discs set are interesting.

I am hoping to see something as great as Braveheart and Dance with Wolves.

My wish list are Gladiator, Crimson Tide, King Arthur, The Last Samurai or  Legends of the Fall.

And the 4 discs set.

I don't think it is any Star Trek TV set. You see, Enterprise or Voyage are limited to 3000 set, but this one is limited to 5000 set!

So it must be something more popular, so 5000 people will buy it even it is a 4 discs set.

It can't be JW's Harry Potter set, because those 3 scores could fill 6 or even 7 discs.

My guess is Titanic. 4 CDs with everything.

How about THE SWARM (Goldsmith) as a 2cd set?, also ROBIN HOOD: PRINCE OF THIEVES would be most welcome. 

From Williams the obligatory CLOSE ENCOUNTERS along with a HARRY POTTER set or an archival complete release if WITCHES OF EASTWICK now that would be a surprise! 

19 minutes ago, azahid said:

How about THE SWARM (Goldsmith) as a 2cd set?, also ROBIN HOOD: PRINCE OF THIEVES would be most welcome. 

From Williams the obligatory CLOSE ENCOUNTERS along with a HARRY POTTER set or an archival complete release if WITCHES OF EASTWICK now that would be a surprise! 

Witches of Eastwick will have been a missed opportunity.

Harry Potter can still be the delayed #6.

The Swarm and Close Encounters are pretty sure among the batch. But how many discs does The Swarm need?

JFK and Amistad maybe 2018 but not on this Black Friday.

2 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

The Swarm and Close Encounters are pretty sure among the batch. But how many discs does The Swarm need?

I think for THE SWARM the complete film score would have to be disc 1 whereas disc 2 could be the LP program which I read was a different recording. Also coupled with bonus cues (if any)

43 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

And now he doesn't remember how to spell words properly. The disease is getting stronger. You must remember who you are, Bilbo Skywalker!

This forum does weird things with formatting and autocorrect that doesn’t happen anywhere else. 

7 hours ago, Corellian2019 said:

Taking note of the fact that originally 14 CDs of product were planned to be released (and now it's 11), it'll be fun to speculate what the delayed 3CD set will hold in January

Or it could be a 2CD set and a 1CD set, or three 1CD sets...

26 minutes ago, Jay said:

The title delayed from Black Friday to January is surely a Buffy the Vampire Slayer box set

DS9 vol. 2 was also due this year -- I think that's the delayed one because all previous Trek 4 disc sets were at 3000 copies and they have no reason to up quantity from that. 5000 still seems like a lot for Buffy but since we have no previous Buffy set it doesn't strongly rule it out.

Yavar

Neil S Bulk and I had someone, or 2 over at FSM believing that they had figured out one of the Black Friday releases with a conversation I started with him on Twitter. Obviously they didn’t follow the whole exchange but MV finally chimed in at FSM.

That was pretty hilarious.  You and Neil made a nice, funny joke exchange, and some people believed you guys were being serious!  Classic.

7 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

with completely different art styles on all three sets. 

That honestly wouldn't bother me so much. I'd just be thrilled to have them!

Btw, I like your new avatar.

Prediction:

LLLCD 1446 – HOME ALONE &  HOME ALONE 2 4 CD SET – LIMITED EDITION OF 5000 UNITS - $49.98

(including 10 seconds of a newly found insert)

:lol:

(edit: Oh, i see crocodile beat me to it!)

By the way, why everyone wants Buffy?

Is the music THAT good?

56 minutes ago, Jay said:

Depends who you mean by "everyone".  I've seen one guy gunning for it on FSM.  That's it.

Oh, I honestly thought they were more! :lol:

I guess he made too many posts about it...

I'm sure the show has many fans, and many of those fans will appreciate having the music, for sure!

Personally, I've never seen the show, so I don't know anything about the music.