Favorite Television Main Titles of the 2010s?

BLUMENKOHL

The Walking Dead theme just shuffled through on Apple Music. I haven't watched the show in a long time, but damn if that main title isn't the most succinct encapsulation of The Walking Dead universe. And if I recall, it was always craftily blended into the teaser portion of the show. It ratcheted up the excitement and got you to drop your work/other activities and come watch the show. 

I have to say, I think it's my favorite. 

What's yours? 

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Obligatory the Game of Thrones theme is just a part of the AOTC ending over and over again post.

Really? Which part? 

Wait I think I know...the part right before the Imperial March? 

Walking Dead's is great. Here are a few others off the top of my head:

Spoiler

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Bear McCreary

Da Vinci's Demons - Bear McCreary

The Orville - Bruce Broughton

Game of Thrones - Ramin Djawadi

Daredevil - John Paesano

1 hour ago, JohnSolo said:

Stranger Things, hands down. Neat, catchy theme, plus a cool visual intro of the main titles. A very otherworldly feel to it all, which fits the overall tone of the series like a glove.

This, hands down. But I also don't watch a lot of TV. It's a shame this doesn't cover the 2000s, because I would have much more to say. Fringe, for instance. A great theme tune and graphics that fit the show perfectly. 

1 hour ago, JohnSolo said:

Stranger Things, hands down. Neat, catchy theme, plus a cool visual intro of the main titles. A very otherworldly feel to it all, which fits the overall tone of the series like a glove.

This. 

1 hour ago, BloodBoal said:

And this. 

DaVinci's Demons is awesome, but here's a Bear McCreary I like even better (it's just too short, though he included an extended 1:30 version on LLL's three disc album):

and (all respect to Broughton's fun Orville theme) this is the best sci-fi opening of the 2010s...possibly of the millennium so far actually:

But my absolute #1 recent favorite opening is Anne Dudley's Poldark (like Human Target, way too short but so incredible):

Yavar

Game of Thrones, hands down. 

Sherlock is pretty great too. 

I like the House of Cards main theme too. 

True Detective Season 1 was great but I suppose that doesn’t count as it’s a song. 

Stranger Things... really?

The Walking Dead theme and main titles work exceptionally well. Too well at times, in fact. I was always bummed out when a crappy filler episode followed the main titles. 

Games of Thrones is another obvious but notable one. I like The Leftovers too. True Detective season 1 as well. 

16 minutes ago, Hurmm said:

Stranger Things... really?

The Walking Dead theme and main titles work exceptionally well. Too well at times, in fact. I was always bummed out when a crappy filler episode followed the main titles. 

Games of Thrones is another obvious but notable one. I like The Leftovers too. True Detective season 1 as well. 

I’m convinced this is how Stranger Things was composed:

1) Open Garage Band

2) Select 80s sounding synth

3) Turn on Arpegiator

4) Press record

5) Hold down one key on the virtual piano roll.

Done.

8 hours ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

I’m convinced this is how Stranger Things was composed:

1) Open Garage Band

2) Select 80s sounding synth

3) Turn on Arpegiator

4) Press record

5) Hold down one key on the virtual piano roll.

Done.

Are you deaf? That's all you hear there? 

9 hours ago, Mephariel said:

Westworld for sure. Dexter has to be up there as well. 

Westworld is pretty good. Ramin Djwadi seemed inspired by the whole show. Compared to Game of Thrones, where I think he might have just been pretending he cared to make money. 

3 minutes ago, Blumenkohl said:

Are you deaf? That's all you hear there? 

Westworld is pretty good. Ramin Djwadi seemed inspired by the whole show. Compared to Game of Thrones, where I think he might have just been pretending he cared to make money. 

For sure. I won't go as far as to say that GOT is bad, in fact the music is pretty good. But just bland and uninspired. I can't understand why Djawadi doesn't score more movies and shows like Westworld. 

My favorites are

Game of Thrones

Stranger Things

Westworld

House of Cards

Sherlock

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events is fun too

On 12/11/2017 at 2:56 PM, The Doctor said:

Awful! Just fucking awful!

It's fan-made excrement, and the theme arrangement sounds like it was recorded by The Tornadoes.

23 hours ago, Sweeping Strings said:

Of the Who 2010s main titles, I prefer Matt Smith's first one -

That's a bit better.

I know it's a bit "off piste", but I haven't seen more engaging main titles, this century, than both SIX FEET UNDER, and CARNIVALE.

13 minutes ago, Sweeping Strings said:

Although Smith's second title sequence was too 'busy' for my liking, I like that it put the Doctor's face back in there for the first time since McCoy - 

Perfected in Capaldi's run.  Those eyebrows!

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Those are from the 2000s, not the 2010s.

2 hours ago, Stefancos said:

He obviously knows this.

I know they are, Jay. Like I said; I've seen nothing this decade, to compare. Sorry.

1 hour ago, Sweeping Strings said:

Although Smith's second title sequence was too 'busy' for my liking, I like that it put the Doctor's face back in there for the first time since McCoy - 

...for the first time since Grant.