The H8ful Eight vs Bone Tomahawk

Brundlefly

The H8ful Eight vs Bone Tomahawk  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2015 film feat. Kurt Russell do you prefer?

• The H8ful Eight
    • Bone Tomahawk

Even though they are both Westerns featuring Kurt Russell, they are two very different worlds. Having said that, I probably go for The Hateful Eight. I don't think Bone Tomahawk is suited for repeat viewing. 

I think THE HATEFUL EIGHT was a fine movie, but I was also underwhelmed by several aspects. Slightly overrated, IMO (and that extends to the score).

BONE TOMAHAWK was a much bettter 'sleeper hit' that engaged me more.

I've seen both films and don't get the point of comparing to each other at all.  Other than the fact Kurt Russell is in both they barely have anything in common

I liked both films but would probably watch Bone Tomahawk again before I see Hateful Eight again

I always remember The Hateful Eight as that one film whose overrated score actually won an Oscar at the Academy Awards. It still amazes me even today.

Both films aren't particularly good, but I prefer Hateful over Bone.

I prefer Bone over Eight for some simple reason: Whereas the latter was very flatulent (so that it was hard to empathize with any character) and almost entirely based on Tarantino's previous works (he somehow rested on his prior film's quality), the former is incredibly down-to-earth and innovative.

5 minutes ago, publicist said:

Sure. For once the right score won.

It's not a very good score. Surely not better than Williams' The Force Awakens, or even Newman's Bridge of Spies, both of which were fellow nominees.

5 hours ago, Jay said:

I've seen both films and don't get the point of comparing to each other at all.  Other than the fact Kurt Russell is in both they barely have anything in common

I liked both films but would probably watch Bone Tomahawk again before I see Hateful Eight again

They're both westerns, made in 2015, that feature Kurt Russell as a main character and are both very slow-paced, incredibly brutal, transgressing the genre towards horror and featuring truly great dialogue. They were often compared in discussions, on forums, in my clique... and still they come across very different, mainly for my aforementioned aspects.

7 minutes ago, publicist said:

Sure. For once the right score won.

But the academy's motif was cleary the "he hasn't won an Oscar yet" aspect.

3 minutes ago, JohnSolo said:

It's not a very good score. Surely not better than Williams' The Force Awakens, or even Newman's Bridge of Spies, both of which were fellow nominees.

It's more original than the two others, but less diverse.

7 hours ago, JohnSolo said:

I'm so glad neither of those status quo selections won. In Morricone's canon, H8 is nothing new (and the handling in the movie didn't do it much favours) but in concept and idiom it is so much more daring than another lame retread - and that Morricone's win was more than overdue happily played a hand in this (Newman, too, but less so and certainly not for this).