Apparently, Brian Tyler messaged me on Facebook over the summer

briantyler.jpg

I drunkenly opened my Facebook messenger and stumbled upon this. I guess I must have trashed him at some point over the summer? I don't really remember. I feel kinda bad now.

Wait, is this really him?

He sent a similar message to some folks over Twitter too I believe, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was really him.

27 minutes ago, karelm said:

Wow, he has thin spin to respond to a critical opinion in such a public medium. 

It’s a private message. The Doctor just decided to post it for everyone to see. 

Most composers are open open to conversation. You just have to message them. 

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Whatever I said to offend (or sadden?) him was likely stupid and drunkenly posted. He's hardly the most offensive guy out there.

Is Danny Elfman on social media?

We must find him...

9 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Trekkard, too.

Isn't that reserved only for the rare Trekkie that tolerates Blade Runner?

5 hours ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

It is easy to forget these are real people, out there, reading, feeling....

I know, but I'm pretty sure Selina & Drax had feelings in the '80s, the era of The Goonies.

7 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Whatever I said to offend (or sadden?) him was likely stupid and drunkenly posted. He's hardly the most offensive guy out there.

Is Danny Elfman on social media?

No. 

If that's Tyler himself, that's actually a classy response. For a slick-looking guy, he seems very cool. Even if I've only sporadically enjoyed his music. I love STANDING UP and TRANSFORMERS: PRIME.

9 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

It’s a private message. The Doctor just decided to post it for everyone to see. 

Most composers are open open to conversation. You just have to message them. 

Is John Williams on Facebook Messenger? I keep sending questions about his scores to someone with the same name, but they never respond. I know they've read it, too, because the little icon changes. :(

2 hours ago, Thor said:

That's not him.

His brother Richard is fairly active on social media, though, including Facebook.

Seeing Danny Elfman on Twitter is as viable as that.

5 hours ago, James said:

Seeing Danny Elfman on Twitter is as viable as that.

I say again -- Elfman is NOT on any social media, nor has he ever been. I've even heard him say as much in an interview (although I can't remember which one at the moment). Richard has also alluded to this in some of his Facebook posts.

2 hours ago, Thor said:

I say again -- Elfman is NOT on any social media, nor has he ever been. I've even heard him say as much in an interview (although I can't remember which one at the moment). Richard has also alluded to this in some of his Facebook posts.

I agreed with you, Thor. I've only tried in a humorous way to compare Elfman behavior to avoiding social media as an avowedly reserved actor like Christian Bale. Bale's account is also fake.

But I will not deny that I have always believed that this account belonged to Elfman.