The Perfect Piece of Music

leeallen01

What is a piece that really stands out to you as perfect; such as not a single note is wasted in the piece and every note makes you think "this is just perfect." 

It can be the overall feel of a piece or just if it's flawlessly structured so that it flows and hits every second with purpose.

I'll start with a random one, which for me is thrilling with every note. Short, but it packs so much into only a minute of music, with full presentations of both main themes in such a fun and uplifting way.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

I'm only aware of two - Bach's 5th Brandenburg and Williams' What Is Your Wish. 

To be fair, 90% of the entire A. I. score is 90% perfect! But yes, what he achieved in the final act was nothing short of transcendent. If I were to have music playing as I pass away, it would be this. Maybe that's a macabre standard for perfection...

Superman Love Theme is perfection as is Princess Leia' ls Theme, Adventures on Earth, Lost in Space season 3 opening. Walton's Theme Season 2. STTMP Enterprise, STTSFS Stealing the Enterprise. 

Perfection is not as rare as perceived.

Aside from A.I. two other pieces that are up there are Vide Cor Meum, used in Kingdom of Heaven, and Hannibal, by Patrick Cassidy. And Ave Maria by Philipe Rombi, either the vocal or instrumental version. I sense a religious theme. 

Superman march, SL main theme, 1984 Olympic theme.  fifth movement of Horn Concerto.

Lots of Mozart pieces, Beethoven's 7th (the best, if anyone is interested) and Pathetique Sonata.  Handel's Messiah Hallelujah chorus. 

slightly off topic: most perfect melody ever composed: Bach's Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring.