Which edition of SW6 is the best to get?

Orgasm[+]Donor.

I'm sorry to post that here, but like I did with Indiana jones I'd like to know which edition has the best sound quality of course is the most complete possible?

I have the fan edit ( salvage edition ) but the sound quality tends to disapoint me, is there an alternative to that?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

The SE has unbearable quality but is pretty much complete. Since it's the source of every fanedit, it doesn't get much better than that. The Anthology sounds better but is incomplete I believe. I personally used to listen to Faleel's Brightened Edition, but recently I came to dislike it for being too bright in places and containing a lot of hiss. Not his fault, the SE is terrible.

I read somewhere the 97 SE sounded glorius, then in the very final stages they put some automated digital noise reduction on it (without paying attention, so it sheared pretty much all the high frequencies off) and it was too late in the album production to do anything about it. The OST (the ~15 minutes of music on it that was actually in the movie) sounds pretty good despite the vinyl noise, and the Anthology isn't bad either.

I may really be in the wrong here, so by all means correct me, but the Bluray supposedly redid the sound mix from pretty much scratch (can't even remember where I've heard it), and stuff like Superstructure Chase sound better on it than ever, so we basically know it's all sitting on the Lucasfilm hard drives in excellent quality. If Disney chooses to just reissue the SE mix one of these days, we riot.

You basically need to start with the awful sounding SE (sadly) as it's essentially complete. Then take the 1h46m of ROTJ music from the Anthology release and start replacing SE tracks with Anthology tracks (which unfortunately requires editing).

Finally, take the 45 minutes from the Vinyl release and repeat that process (as this release was newly scanned in high-def from the master tapes, and it's the best available source for ROTJ music).

That leaves about 45 minutes that have to come from the SE release, because it isn't featured on any other release (including previously unwritten pieces like Jedi Rocks and Victory Celebration).

The mess with the original trilogy is still yet to be "repaired" with a proper expansion made by Master Matessino.

Each fan has now his own playlist for each of the original score, taking this cue from that release, this one, from there, this fan edit from there. 

It's a shame we don't have a definitive source for "our" music.

Star Wars fans... just hold on.

3 minutes ago, Bespin said:

The mess with the prequel trilogy is still yet to be "repaired" with a proper expansion made by Master Matessino.

Star Wars fans... just hold on.

Star Wars 6 isn't a prequel.