In what form do you listen to "The Force Awakens" the most?

Bespin

In what form do you listen to "The Force Awakens" the most?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. In what form do you listen to "The Force Awakens" score the most?

• The OST Album
    • The FYC Album
    • A playlist combining the two
    • A playlist with only few tracks
    • Lockhart's re-recordings
    • The movie
    • Star Wars is for children, I don't really listen to that kind of stuff!

The Force Awaks will turn 2 yo in a few days... Already two years! Woo-oooo!!!! :cheer:

As you know, the FYC album was available very shortly after the release of the score, allowing the fans to make their own playlists very quickly.

Did you stick to the OST album?  Did you stick to the FYC Album?  Did you make your own playlist?

Bespin wants to know!

6 minutes ago, Bespin said:

The Force Awaks will turn 2 yo in a few days... Already two years! Woo-oooo!!!! :cheer:

As you know, the FYC album was available very shortly after the release of the score, allowing the fans to make their own playlists very quickly.

Did you stick to the OST album?  Did you stick to the FYC Album?  Did you make your own playlist?

Bespin wants to know!

On a related issue - the FYC Rogue One was for a short while available as mp3s at Disney. Now they're not. Anyone who'd like to share these with me? Just send a PM.

6 minutes ago, rough cut said:

I only listen to Lockhart’s The Jedi Steps nowadays.

I just added lockhart's re-recordings in the choices.

6 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I love the extended Poe theme in the concert arrangement of the Finale (conducted by Lockhart).

Just wait for the extended Porgs theme in the concert arrangement of the Finale (conducted by Dudamel) !

In my car over and over.  It takes 5 trips to and from work to listen to the complete album

I say spare him! The fact that he owns the vinyl will be his redemption!

Even though I’m an advocator of the lossless format, listening to a 320 kbps mp3 is no worse than listening to Spotify, which I’m sure there are plenty of visitors on the forum who uses rather than buying the CDs.

8 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

According to whose discography?

The only one that allow a counting of JW's albums!

Because, yeah, in addition of collecting them.. we can count them.  There's no law against that. ;)

12 hours ago, rough cut said:

I say spare him! The fact that he owns the vinyl will be his redemption!

Even though I’m an advocator of the lossless format, listening to a 320 kbps mp3 is no worse than listening to Spotify, which I’m sure there are plenty of visitors on the forum who uses rather than buying the CDs.

most of the spotify rips I've downloaded for "early preview" sound like crap compared to 320 MP3's

The standard quality in spotify doesn't sound bad to me at all.

But I only use to decide whether I like a song before buying it, so I don't really care.

As for TFA, I started out with the OST plus a couple of FYC tracks, then realized Rey's Theme and The Resistance (FYC) is all I need from the score.

Thanks to all voters.

This confirm what I tought, the FYC album fucked all up, preventing the fans to really enjoy the OST "as John Williams" created it.

Please someone of the business... Disney... look at this... and... I don't know... tell something to "John Williams", his "EDITS" don't pass anymore.

This is the reality, no?

Thanks.

I listen to the OST album on Spotify all the time too.  Its an extremely well-constructed album!

But of course, I look forward to the day when we get a Matessino produced complete score with all those juicy alternates Williams wrote that JJ kept replacing!

There is nothing wrong whatsoever with the Force Awakens OST.  JW did a good job assembling score highlights and concert arrangements into a very wonderful album.

The complete score simply has so much more to offer than could fit on any 75 minute presentation, so I am thankful that Disney released the FYC free to download so we can hear more of it, and its possible to add those bits into the existing album and still end up with a nice listenable experience.

I voted "A playlist with only few tracks"

When I listen to it, I listen to about 8 or 9 tracks from the OST plus the FYC track "The Resistance".  I've only listened to the OST straight through one single time.

It's a good OST, chronological enough, with the concert versions distributed around in places where they mostly make sense. But I still like as much material as possible from any JW score, so I listen to an edit of the OST, FYC, and a few tracks from other people's edits who have been kind enough to share.