Nominees:

Darkest Hour – Dario Marianelli
Dunkirk – Hans Zimmer
The Shape of Water – Alexandre Desplat
War for the Planet of the Apes – Michael Giacchino
Wonderstruck – Carter Burwell
Wonder Woman – Rupert Gregson-Williams

Likely.

It's so dumb when associations grant awards like this when they haven't even heard everything in the year has to offer yet, just in a rush to be the first to give out awards.

Yeahh..Wonder Woman? Really? I don't even find it bad but the best part of it is the theme from BvS and the track 'Action Reaction', which kind of fails to really 'lift off' in my opinion - plus the best aspect of that track is probably just the callback to Friedel's Terminator.

If I had to choose from those nominations, so far I would have to say Giacchino's War for the Planet of the Apes, though I haven't listened to Marianelli's yet.

2 hours ago, idril said:

Yeahh..Wonder Woman? Really? I don't even find it bad but the best part of it is the theme from BvS and the track 'Action Reaction', which kind of fails to really 'lift off' in my opinion - plus the best aspect of that track is probably just the callback to Friedel's Terminator.

If I had to choose from those nominations, so far I would have to say Giacchion's War for the Planet of the Apes, though I haven't listened to Marianelli's yet.

I think Darkest Hour is pretty bland outside of the context of the movie. War for the Planet of the Apes is easily the better score.