04 Ben's Living Room

05 Wild About Harry

06 Let's Publish

07 Dad's Note

08 Setting The Type

09 Presses Roll

10 The Decision and End Credits

Can you share the time of each track?

I would guess that the so called "NBC-styled" music is track 9.  Williams probably moved it earlier in the OST because it likely appears again in the end credits.  

Of course there's always the potential that some of the FYC cues are either renamed OR the OST combines cues and the FYC has some "unseparated" with new names.

But yeah, looks like the OST isn't complete after all ;) 

Let's try:

FYC 01 The Papers and The Presidents -> OST 01 The Papers

FYC 02 Reading the Papers -> OST 03 Nixon's Order?

FYC 03 First Class Seat -> OST 08 Two Martini Lunch?

FYC 04 Ben's Living Room -> OST 04 The Oak Room, 1971?

FYC 05 Wild About Harry -> OST 07 Scanning the Papers?

FYC 06 Let's Publish -> OST 09 Deciding to Publish

FYC 07 Dad's Note -> OST 06 Mother and Daughter?

FYC 08 Setting The Type -> OST 05 Setting the Type

FYC 09 Presses Roll -> OST 02 The Presses Roll

FYC 10 The Decision and End Credits -> OST 10 The Court's Decision and End Credits

I was just going to say: I am fairly confident that all 10 tracks of the FYC will line up with all 10 tracks of the OST, though the FYC will all be film versions while the OST could have different takes and/or additional album-only material added to them.

We just haven't seen the film yet so the track titles don't inform us which scenes are the same between releases except for a few cases.

For example, look at how the BFG FYC was structured as compared to the album

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSE0hCqdwI2orMZNiu4JEEhoTzT2kE4ofeO9yrOtIF5B4R8uac1pBDmG66RUOuec7dZ0mRT1nGZZj-S/pubhtml

Of course, the BFG FYC never leaked, so we don't know for sure if that's right or anything, but it seems like he strives to have his FYCs represent the same music he wanted on the OST, just the exact film versions this time.

Well, it was almost the same with The Force Awakens, I discovered the FYC album almost at the same time than the OST album.

For me, it's a problem. F***, at this rythm release the expanded version at first... instead of two versions that "complete" each other.

This is ridiculous if you want my two cents...

Wow!!

I'm sorta hoping we get it in the next week or two, before TLJ. Somehow January feels like a really weird time to get a new score, whereas now feels like the perfect time. Of course it could distract from TLJ, but it would still be a fun December!

10 minutes ago, Fal said:

Actually Jay is incorrect, you would expect the score recorded first and set to be released first to be heard first, the fact that it could be the opposite is amusing and thus ironic.

No, I'm not.  Its an amusing situation, its not irony.

2 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I'm pretty sure that anything considered amusing is automatically ironic. They basically mean the same thing.

People these days say something is ironic when its amusing, but that isn't what irony is supposed to be.

"a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result." - The Dictionary

Strictly speaking, I agree that this probably counts as irony ("situational irony," to be precise). However, I can see where Jay is coming from - it's right on the edge. After all, is it really all that unexpected for this to happen? Scores being recorded out of order happens all the time, right? 

In any case, we can agree that it's amusing. ;)

EDIT: Stu and Fal appear to have taken their definition from a Quizlet that leaves out an important word: "wryly." Here's the full definition:

"A state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often wryly amusing as a result."

Hmm, it would probably be a stretch to call this "wryly amusing." So maybe Jay is right after all. I agree with Toothless, we should create a subforum to discuss further. :P

54 minutes ago, Alex said:

Is there a reason why each individual track length hasn't bee released?

8 hours ago, Jay said:

Can you share the time of each track?

7 hours ago, Lockdown said:

I can share once I actually get my hands on the CD lol. Probably sometime early next week.