THE POST - FYC (For Your Consideration) Album

Lockdown

11 minutes ago, Incanus said:

So little under 39 minutes. A tad shorter than even the Lincoln FYC.

So probably a few short edits made to the film after the score was recorded, hence the slightly shorter runtime of the film score.

17 minutes ago, Jim Ware said:

The Decision and End Credits (11:35)

Ooooh, yes! :)

4 hours ago, Jim Ware said:

The Papers and the Presidents (4:30)

Reading the Papers (1:20)

First Class Seat (1:57)

Ben's Living Room (2:43)

Wild About Harry (3:12)

Let's Publish (4:49)

Dad's Note (2:44)

Setting the Type (1:09)

Presses Roll (4:28)

The Decision and End Credits (11:35)

Thanks for that!

Do you have the CD / have you listened to it yet?  Can you share your thoughts on it if so?

3 hours ago, Jim Ware said:

It's Williams in tense conspiratorial mode, tinged with Americana.  After a strong opening the album is a slow burner until the last few tracks - fans of Williams' 'preparation fugues' will enjoy Setting the Type and Presses Roll.

I love that mode of JW writing. I hope we get something similar to Schindler's Workforce.

On 30/11/2017 at 4:15 PM, Jay said:

Thanks for posting the pics!

Here's a text list of the track list

01 The Papers and The Presidents

02 Reading the Papers

03 First Class Seat

04 Ben's Living Room

05 Wild About Harry

06 Let's Publish

07 Dad's Note

08 Setting The Type

09 Qui-Gon's Noble End

10 The Decision and End Credits

Can you share the time of each track?

Oh for fucks sake Jay.

22 hours ago, Jim Ware said:

It's Williams in tense conspiratorial mode, tinged with Americana.  After a strong opening the album is a slow burner until the last few tracks - fans of Williams' 'preparation fugues' will enjoy Setting the Type and Presses Roll.

That’s probably the reason why JW chose to shuffle tracks for the official OST album (“The Presses Roll” is indeed track 2).

I truly hope JW went in his full NBC “Meet the Press” style for those cues.

Seems like 7/8 of threads right now are all Last Jedi. And while I eagerly await it's arrival on my doorstep, The Post was just nominated for the Best Original Score - Motion Picture Golden Globe. So it must be pretty good.

Oddly, Williams doesn't get a credit in the IMDB awards listing page.

35 minutes ago, FC4L said:

The Post was just nominated for the Best Original Score - Motion Picture Golden Globe. So it must be pretty good.

Being nominated for awards is no indication that a score is good.  Most of these awards are all political and predictable, based on many outside factors before the quality of the thing nominated.

Also, theoretically, its awarding now effective the score is in the film, which may not translate to an effective album.

If JW won for The Post, it would have nothing to do with the quality of the score. It would be the awards associations rewarding anything that is even vaguely against the current presidential administration. Maybe that sounds ridiculous but that’s how these awards operate.

First everyone knows I think Williams is the genius of film music, however, speaking of the golden globes..... Didn't Madonna win for best actress?

4 hours ago, ocelot said:

First everyone knows I think Williams is the genius of film music, however, speaking of the golden globes..... Didn't Madonna win for best actress?

I'm sorry, did you see the film and saw that she was not worthy of it?

7 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

I thought he was jokingly mistaking Madonna for Lady Gaga since the two have been compared in the past.  I had no idea Madonna won a Globe for acting.

5 hours ago, Taikomochi said:

If JW won for The Post, it would have nothing to do with the quality of the score. It would be the awards associations rewarding anything that is even vaguely against the current presidential administration. Maybe that sounds ridiculous but that’s how these awards operate.

I hope JW doesn't win for this. If he did, it would create a massive elephant in the room - everyone would be applauding that he'd won, but they'd know it was entirely down to the film's subject matter, and nothing to do with the music.

24 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

I hope JW doesn't win for this. If he did, it would create a massive elephant in the room - everyone would be applauding that he'd won, but they'd know it was entirely down to the film's subject matter, and nothing to do with the music.

Have you heard the score yet? What if it's actually really good? 

28 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

It's not the subject matter that will get him the win if he wins, but the man who is president.

Same film with Hillary as president and I don't think we would even be discussing the possibility that he might win.

So I think if either of Spielberg Streep or Williams win for Post, they might wanna consider thanking him at the podium, that is - after viciously tearing him apart.

1 hour ago, Richard Penna said:

Do you think those down applauding know about music and if a score is good or not?

2 hours ago, filmmusic said:

Yes of course I saw it and no I didn't think she should have been nominated heh. It was her best performance by far in her acting career but that's not saying much :) And I love Madonna,  she puts on the best concerts hands down!!! I will always get a ticket for that, but lets be real when it comes to acting. At least this is my opinion. If you think she deserved it, that's your right of course!

Well, sometimes I think it's nice to recognise (either by a nomination or an award) people who excel themselves, than give the award to another Meryl Streep role!

Awards are public relations anyway...