THE POST - FYC (For Your Consideration) Album

Lockdown

32 minutes ago, artguy360 said:

Does anyone know the website to check to see if the FYC album is online? 

https://www.foxscreenings.com/

https://www.foxscreenings.com/thepost/

But highly doubtful Fox will upload it, given their track record with music on their FYC site over the years.

On 12/20/2017 at 3:54 PM, Jay said:

It's longer than the FYC.  The FYC doesn't include the two lounge source cues (The Oak Room and Two Martini Lunch), but features a cue (First Class Seat) that doesn't seem to be on the OST I don't think.

On 12/20/2017 at 3:58 PM, Jay said:

Way ahead of you Bloodboal

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQLZ9GK1jqCkwB3L9jVxzvOnCistwVfbC_XDmn7I_qrqh8DEyZ3yYXNynFYD4UiY_zx-XMTlO6_t9iy/pubhtml

"Mother and Daughter" and "Setting the Type" notably feature much more music than their FYC counterparts, while "Deciding to Publish" is notably MUCH shorter than its FYC counterpart tracks.

On 12/20/2017 at 4:05 PM, Jay said:

So here's a quick chronological order, should be accurate unless some tracks feature cues from two different parts of the movie (which could be the case with "Mother and Daughter" and "Setting The Type".

01 The Papers (3:56)
03 Nixon's Order (1:47)
07 Scanning the Papers (2:22)
09 Deciding to Publish (5:42)
06 Mother and Daughter (3:23)
05 Setting the Type (2:34)
02 The Presses Roll (5:00)
10 The Court's Decision and End Credits (11:04)

Source music:

04 The Oak Room, 1971 (1:46)
08 Two Martini Lunch (2:34)

I think the OST order is a better listening experience anyway, though.

Oh, and there doesn't seem to be any concert arrangements, unless "Setting The Type" is one.  The first minute seems the same as the FYC track by that name though.  Maybe the rest is an album-only extension?

On 12/21/2017 at 4:34 PM, Jay said:

I wouldn't say that exactly, no.

If you compare each FYC cue to each OST cue, every case is different.

IE in one case, the FYC track might be looped or extended by tracking compared to the OST cue.  Or the OST cue might be edited down from the full recording.  Or the OST track might segue to some other cue from some othe rpart of the movie that isn't on the FYC.  Or the OST might segue to some album-only extension he recorded.  Or, the OST track might be the "same" music, but a different take that he preferred over the take chosen for the film.

It's pretty complicated and there might not be a definitive breakdown for a while.

The "major" points to note are

• "First Class Seat" on the FYC doesn't seem to be on the OST at all
  • "Wild About Harry" & "Let's Publish" on the FYC are WAY longer than "Deciding To Publish" on the OST
  • "The Oak Room, 1971" & "Two Martini Lunch" on the OST are not on the FYC at all
  • "Mother and Daughter" and "Setting the Type" seem to start with their FYC counterparts then continue on with some kind of album-only extension (or segue to another cue entirely that just wasn't on the OST

We basically need to see the film to learn more about this music.

I saw it last night. Maybe it depended on the position of the speakers in the theater, but I remember that the electric guitar had a more prominent flourish in the film during "The Papers and the Presidents". To the point where I asked myself, "Is that...an electric guitar that JW is using?" As opposed to the FYC and OST mixes, where the instrument is somewhat buried

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, crumbs said:

No one has the FYC yet, well, other than Academy voters.

I've got one. There have been several on eBay.

19 minutes ago, Muldoon said:

I've got one. There have been several on eBay.

Well there you go. Didn't realise anyone on JWFan had it. Lucky people!

Well believe me, this album would be much more easily accessible if that forum that shall not be named allowed uploads of 20th Century Fox material.

5 hours ago, crumbs said:

Well there you go. Didn't realise anyone on JWFan had it. Lucky people!

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/18235-soundtracks-compilations-or-other-recently-purchased-music/&do=findComment&comment=1436153

• 11 months later...