Indiana Jone Scores

Luke Skywalker

Well, i saw 'Raiders of the lost ArK' yesterday in a store, but it is imported and consts nearly twice as normal prize. Should i bouy it or are they going to release complete scores hen the DVDs air, or even isolated tracks in the DVDs?

Luke, Asking for advice :jump:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just buy any Raiders score album you can still find,and FAST.Both the original (Polydor)and Expanded(DCC Classics) are OUT OF PRINT.Get the Expanded release if you have the choice.

New expanded releases when the DVD's come out?Dream on,we've been waiting for almost 20 years for Temple of Doom or Last Crusade.An Isolated score on the DVD's,Lucasfilm would NEVER do that.

K.M.

Get it Luke. It's out of print and becoming hard to find anywhere everywhere. Either you get it now, but it on ebay later, or wait for the score to get released again.

Justin -Who was able to track down a copy of Raiders and is eagerly awaiting it.

:jump: Main Title Spirit (Zimmer)

Yes get it NOW. Go.. RUn back to the store and buy it. Forget the price, just BUY it. It's out of print, and you're not going to find it in any store within the next month.

-Jason, who got Raiders a year ago, luckily when it was still around

New expanded releases when the DVD's come out?Dream on,we've been waiting for almost 20 years for Temple of Doom or Last Crusade.An Isolated score on the DVD's,Lucasfilm would NEVER do that.

I guess an iso score is very unlikely, but consider this:

Raiders is OOP now.

Doom has been OOP for years.

Crusade's rights reportedly went back to LucasArts some time ago.

This means that two of the three scores are very hard to get right now. At least the first of them is very popular. There will most certainly be new releases. And somehow I really doubt they'll simply release the same discs again.

Marian - optimistic.

I guess an iso score is very unlikely, but consider this:

Raiders is OOP now.

Doom has been OOP for years.

Crusade's rights reportedly went back to LucasArts some time ago.

This means that two of the three scores are very hard to get right now. At least the first of them is very popular. There will most certainly be new releases. And somehow I really doubt they'll simply release the same discs again.

Marian - optimistic.

THANKS, now i'm regreting it!

:mrgreen: just joking! Anyways, I think as Raiders is almost complete, they will not release it again, Doom and Crusade are another matter.

Rights wnet for LUCASFILM, not LucasArts :o

I'm still hoping they'll do a box set or something so they can add the few missing bits from Raiders. I *really* would like to have the 2nd part of the snake pit music (which is on the LP).

Marian - who'd trade the first half of the same track for that second half...

I didn't know that Raiders was OOP. I never thought anything of it except I have it. It was my first John Williams CD that I bought before I even knew who John Williams was. This is cool to find out that I have it, now that it is hard to get.

Sorry for those who don't have it.

Brandon

I'm very lucky to have a copy of Temple of Doom. It's a Japanese print, but it has everything I love in the film. At first, I was upset at the loss of the percussion when Indy is trapped on the bridge at the end, but I'm happy to have "The Bug Tunnel" and "Streets of Shanghai."