mrbellamy

Quentin Tarantino to possibly direct next Star Trek film

52 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Tarantino said his next film would be his last? Hasn't he said that a bunch of times already?

Not his next (the Charles Manson pic) but his 10th one. And that would be ST if he really chooses to do it.

I would much rather see something substantial that has a lasting impact. Not a summer blockbuster with a bunch of nerds running around in pyjamas. ;)

13 minutes ago, heidl said:

Not his next (the Charles Manson pic) but his 10th one. And that would be ST if he really chooses to do it.

I would much rather see something substantial that has a lasting impact. Not a summer blockbuster with a bunch of nerds running around in pyjamas. ;)

I doubt he's going to commit to that 10 film schtick. It's just one of those things the inner geek in Tarantino likes to ramble on about.

I'm hoping for the 10th film to be the last entry of the Rewritten History Trilogy:

Part 1:

Inglourious Basterds

Jews taking revenge against Nazis.

Part 2:

Django Unchained

Blacks taking revenge against slaveholders.

Part 3:

Some mean age film in Tarantino style

Accused witches taking revenge against the church.

This would be both, the opportunity for another interesting setting and the satire we know from the first two entries.

Featuring Christoph Waltz as evil priest and Sam Jackson as ... well mean age.

Star Trek Discovery has naked boobs, Koray.

And the JJ films were already the start of changing everything Star Trek had been about before

35 minutes ago, crocodile said:

What's wrong with naked boobs? Surely by 23rd century people would accept their own physicality?

Karol

Nuthin' at all. But we've never seen tits in Star Trek before besides that freaky cat lady in Star Trek V.

Will this Tarantino film be shot in Ultra Panavision 70?

6 hours ago, Jay said:

Star Trek Discovery has naked boobs, Koray.

And the JJ films were already the start of changing everything Star Trek had been about before

Ummm...you do realize that Roddenberry put as much sex into TOS and as he was permitted at the time. Trek didnt go politically correct until TNG, and even the Rick Berman era has plenty of hot, busty females.

The movies are relatively chaste though, up untill JJ. I'll give you that.

It is NOT a network show.  In the US, it airs exlusively on a digital streaming service run by CBS.  In every other country, it is on Netflix.