Were is Hlao-roo???

I miss his sarcasm and ability to get to the heart of the matter in a mere sentence.

Dammit, i miss being insulted by him.

Were are you?

Stefancos-  :music:

I wish I could do that. :| It's always sad (or something like that) when someone isn't around for a while. Everyone has such unique personalities that one gone takes a big chunk out of the fun here.

~Conor

I am terribly missing his posts, too, guys. We haven't happened to cross our paths much too often with Hlao-roo, but whenever he posted a thing, it was always joy to read, sort of an every-day perk. His posts were like "Main Titles" in the score and I do pray he hasn't enacted his "Resolution & End Credits" with his last post yet.

Roman:(

Hasn't he not posted for awhile before?

Justin -Who bets Hllaooroo....Hlaaroo....Hlaooroo...Alan will be back. :)

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, I notice that Andreas has altered the default look of this forum -- for the better, as I see it.

Second, I'm grateful for this thread; it does mean something to me. In fact, the (voluntary) reason I've been away is rooted in the degree to which I had invested myself here.

For all my ostensibly slick sarcasm and purported cynicism [ which I continue to dispute :fouetaa: ], I feel there was frequently a great deal of earnest emotion in my posts, especially in the last few, which dealt with the clash between Nick and our webmaster.

After those posts (came to naught), I decided to step away, maybe take some time off. I needed it. I was frustrated, tired of arguing away when it seemed little was at stake. Without trivializing all that goes about here, it seems one can admit that nothing here is really of much practical consequence, unless you wish to devote yourself so.

All the energy I expended here could be put be put to better use, I felt, to "matters of consequence," as Antoine de Saint-Exupéry may've been wont to say.

But it's hard to stay away from this place. :) There're too many memories -- nostalgia trips galore. I'm still rather conflicted, but I'll try to stay here. I'm still a John Williams fan, and I'm still fond of many of the personalities I've encountered here. There's a careful balance to strike between immersion and aloofness; I just have to find it.

Stefan, Ray, Roman, and the others of you, thank you again.

Well,it's clear the original veterans are just dying off one after the other.

How boring would it be otherwise, with the same people discussing the same things?

-ROSS, who's filled with nostalgia when he thinks of the days he had veteran status. This humiliation will not go unnoticed, Befan! :D

Alan, I am glad your back

I too posted an even earlier thread called

Where's Alan, but unlike Waldo, I was unable to find you

Yes, i'm glad you are back too... however, why is it that no one sees me as missing and inquies about me????????????????? !!! I mean really!

calm it sister, you told us you would be very busy both before and after the Oscars.

• 14 years later...

Weirdly he posted in 2016 but his profile says he "last visited" in 2015...so does that just refer to the last time somebody looks at their own profile, I guess? Not every time you log in? 

10 minutes ago, mrbellamy said:

Weirdly he posted in 2016 but his profile says he "last visited" in 2015...so does that just refer to the last time somebody looks at their own profile, I guess? Not every time you log in? 

It's more likely that he's been signing in anonymously since 2015.

Yep that's how it works. Anonymous logins don't update "last visited" but still let you post and do everything else.