Brace yourselves... The Last Jedi soundtrack will leak any day. Will you listen to it?

YoYoMama

There's nothing wrong with talking about the music on the album when it DOES leak, but you can't ask for leaks or talk about the leak itself on the public forums.  Just talk about the music.  Thanks.

46 minutes ago, mrbellamy said:

I don't know how much personal experience you have with social anxiety, depression, or harmful addictions/obsessions/compulsions, but I'm guessing that anyone here who may be genuinely using Last Jedi, John Williams, or whatever else to distract themselves from the lack of anything fulfilling going on in their lives probably doesn't need you to inform them that they'd be so much better off if they could only enjoy the pleasure of good work, a healthy mind and body, a place to live where they feel safe at home, a partner or a spouse they love and trust, maybe a child, or even a friend. They're thinking about it. The last thing they need is anybody to tell them that they're weird or stupid because they're fantasizing about a movie soundtrack. That's not helpful nor is it telling it like it is. It's a lie and a distortion.

I don't think it's our job to assume things about people's choices and life circumstances based on their message board posts, or speculate why someone might seem especially anxious or pissed off. It's not our business to guess whether someone watched a 30-second commercial over and over because they're a musician enjoying the hunt for a composer's musical signatures, or they have a compulsive personality or disorder, or they have a job that lets them goof around on the Internet, or because it's 3 am and they're single, broke, and lonely. It's definitely not our place to criticize or judge them for any of those reasons. I've been here since October 2010 and nobody here would have had any idea when I was doing fabulous or when I was struggling and why, and I know that because I don't know anything about you people. However I do have some sense that there are JWFans who are hurting and trying to escape, because they've shared it. I've been right there with them, though I've never dared post about it. There are probably others as well. If they really want our advice, they'll take it to Other Topics or a PM. Otherwise cut it out.

Post of the year..! 

13 hours ago, Chewy said:

What's "normal" btw?

Having your orgasms in reality, instead of online via headphones.

There is a reason why you don't see happy and successful men from all areas of life scouring reddit for fake soundtrack track lists, and posting pictures of their favourite celebrities to wank over, or keeping everyone posted about how many happy pills you take now.

It's frightening how common and normal it is for so many to replace real life with internet avatars.

1 hour ago, mrbellamy said:

I don't know how much personal experience you have with social anxiety, depression, or harmful addictions/obsessions/compulsions, but I'm guessing that anyone here who may be genuinely using Last Jedi, John Williams, or whatever else to distract themselves from the lack of anything fulfilling going on in their lives probably doesn't need you to inform them that they'd be so much better off if they could only enjoy the pleasure of good work, a healthy mind and body, a place to live where they feel safe at home, a partner or a spouse they love and trust, maybe a child, or even a friend. They're thinking about it. The last thing they need is anybody to tell them that they're weird or stupid because they're fantasizing about a movie soundtrack. That's not helpful nor is it telling it like it is. It's a lie and a distortion.

I don't think it's our job to assume things about people's choices and life circumstances based on their message board posts, or speculate why someone might seem especially anxious or pissed off. It's not our business to guess whether someone watched a 30-second commercial over and over because they're a musician enjoying the hunt for a composer's musical signatures, or they have a compulsive personality or disorder, or they have a job that lets them goof around on the Internet, or because it's 3 am and they're single, broke, and lonely. It's definitely not our place to criticize or judge them for any of those reasons. I've been here since October 2010 and nobody here would have had any idea when I was doing fabulous or when I was struggling and why, and I know that because I don't know anything about you people. However I do have some sense that there are JWFans who are hurting and trying to escape, because they've shared it. I've been right there with them, though I've never dared post about it. There are probably others as well. If they really want our advice, they'll take it to Other Topics or a PM. Otherwise cut it out.

Great post, Not Mr. Big! :thumbup:

15 hours ago, Demodex said:

I don't think gkgyver is being a dick. He's just saying that it seems weird how obsessive some of you are.  

Of course I'm not trying to be a dick, it's just hitting a bit too close to home for some, apparently.

1 hour ago, Josh500 said:

No way. I won't listen to any leaks.

I'll buy the CD on the first day, rip it, and then spend the rest of the day listening to it over and over again! 

Why buy the CD then?  Why not just download it?

52 minutes ago, Demodex said:

Why buy the CD then?  Why not just download it?

I collect the CDs. Owning the physical CDs is really irreplaceable. Same with books.

I think his point is that you can listen to the soundtrack as soon as a high quality copy leaks, you don't have to wait for the CD to then rip it.

I'm having storage issues as well. Ironically, the last physical Soundtrack CD I bought was probably TFA, too. Whether TLJ will receive that honor is yet to be determined. I like listening to CDs in the car, but having the track list only in the booklet is beyond stupid if you need to check. Connecting Spotify with the car audio is much simpler.

53 minutes ago, gkgyver said:

I think his point is that you an listen to the soundtrack as soon as a high quality copy leaks, you don't have to wait for the CD to then rip it.

Well there's that, but even if you're going to wait for the official release, I meant that you could just skip a step and download it directly. 

I don't see the need to download something to my computer. My iPad and Android phone can both be hooked up easily to my sound system in the living room, so I can play any soundtrack on Spotify or Apple Music conveniently.

Download, rip, stream...whatever. I buy the CD or vinyl and play them directly on my sound system. I will download leaks for things like sessions or any unreleased stuff but if its available to purchase, that's what I'll do. 

I won’t listen to the score beforehand.

I’ve tickets to see the movie on Friday the 15th, same day the soundtrack is released. I’ll pick up the cd in an actual (!) store downtown before the showing and then I’ll listen to it after seeing the movie.

I just posted in the FYC thread, this has now appeared (no score as yet obviously):

http://waltdisneystudiosawards.com/star-wars-the-last-jedi

EDIT: Ok, Bloadboal just alerted me that this has already been posted and discussed at length....

Silly me :(

Is this a psychological discussion cloister or a fan website? Why the fuck some care so much about others emotional behavior I don't understand? Write what you want to write based on Williams's artistry, but don't pretend to be a psychological and body language experts for other's emotions. (If you are WELL DONE!!!, but I don't think here's the right place to show this professional feature of your's)Damn!!!

4 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

It's just typical chaos at JWFAN before a new JW Star Wars score release...

Ok, I'm good with that, I'm excited as well, but some people talk about other people's opinion and how they have to behave... MAAAN...

12 minutes ago, toothless said:

Let's get back to TLJ shall we ?

In order to do so, I came across this on youtube and I must say that I'm pretty sure this is from the soundtrack. What do you think ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

OMG! Is that The Imperial March mixed with Kylo Ren's Theme or am I dreaming!?

18 hours ago, gkgyver said:

Of course I'm not trying to be a dick, it's just hitting a bit too close to home for some, apparently.

Sigh...

5 hours ago, toothless said:

Let's get back to TLJ shall we ?

In order to do so, I came across this on youtube and I must say that I'm pretty sure this is from the soundtrack. What do you think ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Wow, definitely reminds me of earlier Williams, specifically from the late 80s. I knew Williams would never let me down with his new Star Wars score.