Which JW theme would you like to have expanded into a concert arrangement?

Jurassic Shark

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

You mean because of its short duration?

Not exactly. 3 minutes seems fine.

It's mostly because the best rendition of Rey's Theme by far, which plays during the End Credits, is not included in the Concert Version. The Concert Version pales in comparison with that mind-blowingly spectacular arrangement.

Nixon?

Willie and Indy / Love Theme from TOD?

That brief Elsa / Indy Love (Lust?) Theme from TLC?

Jurassic Shark, maybe you should turn this into a poll? Then someone could do a kickstarter!!! Lights, Camera, Music, volumes II - V! :D

Superman theme without love theme.

Solo Leia without Leia's theme.

Tintin main theme but it is a short motif and doesn't have a mid section or interlude. So there isn't much there to do a concert suite. Williams will have to expand the theme for there to be enough material for a concert suite.

Lincoln main theme? Dunno if that exists.

On 12/8/2017 at 3:43 PM, Jay said:

Yup the end credits version of Rey's Theme is better than the track by that name, totally agreed

Still kinda pissed they had to change the DVD end credits and remove that version.

It was absolutely discussed here.  I think IIRC they added some more people to the end credits roll, extending its length, so they changed the music.  It is, indeed, a bummer.

If you mean the names, I doubt people did ,but if you mean the music, its blatantly obvious!  Especially if you've listened to the end credits on the CD a bunch of times, and the film's on DVD/BD is different.

Rey's Theme sounds quite different in the end credits medley as it does in the OST track by that name.

• 7 months later...

I think it'd be cool, just for fun, to turn the A New Hope Imperial themes into a concert arrangement, like the Vader theme, the Death Star theme, and the Imperial Fanfare. It'd be kinda tricky since they're pretty small, but it would sound cool, in my opinion.

Just now, Mitth'raw'nuorodo said:

I think it'd be cool, just for fun, to turn the A New Hope Imperial themes into a concert arrangement, like the Vader theme, the Death Star theme, and the Imperial Fanfare. It'd be kinda tricky since they're pretty small, but it would sound cool, in my opinion.

Man, @Mitth'raw'nuorodo you keep popping up right before me. Agree in every way! Especially the Stormtrooper motif. It could probably open with the Death Star motif, like Reminiscence Therapy did. Then the Vader fanfare, which goes well with the Death Star motif. And the jewel of it all, perhaps my favourite SW theme; the Imperial/Stormtrooper motif.

On 12/6/2017 at 9:34 AM, Bespin said:

An 11 minutes expansion of the Force Theme with all his known variations to-date.

After TLJ, 11 minutes might be a little short.

4 hours ago, rough cut said:

”End Cast,” Jaws 2

Add "Finding the Orca/Ballet For Divers" as well. That beautiful theme should get to be heard without being spoiled by the Shark.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2018 at 1:11 PM, Mitth'raw'nuorodo said:

What is the Imperial Fanfare in ANH?

On 8/19/2018 at 7:16 AM, Demodex said:

What is the Imperial Fanfare in ANH?

On 8/19/2018 at 7:39 AM, Disco Stu said:

Oh god if we’ve got another gd wiseacre arguing that the Rebel Fanfare is actually an Imperial theme, I just can’t take it.  I can’t take anymore bullshit!

Nah, the Imperial fanfare only appears in A New Hope (and Rogue One). You can hear it almost every time that it cuts back to the Death Star in A New Hope. See 1:49 of "Burning Homestead or 6:18 of "Imperial Attack." In Rogue One, it shows up at 1:49 of "When Has Become Now."

2 minutes ago, Mitth'raw'nuorodo said:

Nah, the Imperial fanfare only appears in A New Hope (and Rogue One). You can hear it almost every time that it cuts back to the Death Star in A New Hope. See 1:49 of "Burning Homestead or 6:18 of "Imperial Attack." In Rogue One, it shows up at 1:49 of "When Has Become Now."

That's the Death Star Motif.  It also appeared in Solo.

OK, here's the Imperial Motif, in one of the fullest and most prominent renditions, but it appears all over the score:

Yeah, I think an Imperial Suite would be neat featuring the Imperial/stormtrooper motif and the Death Star motif. It's a vital melodic idea to the score of SW '77 and one of my favourite little tunes (can I say tunes or will people get mad?) in Star Wars. Of course we already have the Imperial March and Giacchino made an Imperial Suite for Rogue One, so maybe it could be called 'The Empire Suite' (?). Perhaps 'The Power of the Empire Suite' (?). 'Stormtrooper Suite' (?). It's hopeful but I'd like to hear it.

8 hours ago, Demodex said:

Ok, then what is Vader's theme in ANH?

I think that’s just the Imperial Motif, and sometimes people call it the ANH Vader theme.

On 8/20/2018 at 2:50 PM, Disco Stu said:

That's the Death Star Motif.  It also appeared in Solo.

And The Last Jedi, right? 😉

On 8/20/2018 at 4:49 PM, artguy360 said:

I'm sure it's been shared here before (maybe even made by a member?) but I just came across this fan edit of a suite for Qui-Gon's theme and it's not bad. Makes me wish for a real one.

That excellent edit comes courtesy of JWFan's own @Todd😃

ever since Attack of the CLones we've been treated with a lot of post-1999 action music from the Maestro... maybe:

- Holdo's Resolve + Resistance Emergency motif

- Zam the Assassin + chase + Attack of the Clones conspiracy motif

- General Grievous (tho this track is pretty well-written/complete already)

- Trade Federation March

- Padme/Qui-Gon's Funeral + The Force Theme/Binary Sunset + The Imperial March

- The Falcon concert version (like how 2015 Williams would write The Asteroid Field)

- Landing on planet music from TPM/ATOC/ROTS/TLJ + Mysterious Space music that comes after the Main title in TPM

👻