Will the score to The Post feature a typewriter?

Jurassic Shark

Will the score to The Post feature a typewriter?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the score to The Post will feature a typewriter as a percussive instrument?

2. 2. If you answered "What is a typewriter?" on the previous question, when were you born?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/12/17 at 11:00 PM

I'm assuming it would have been mentioned in previous comments from reviewers, as a typewriter is very distinct.

Bear McCreary used a typewriter as jazzy punctuation to great effect this year, though - on Rebel in the Rye

4 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I'm assuming it would have been mentioned in previous comments from reviewers, as a typewriter is very distinct.

Bear McCreary used a typewriter as jazzy punctuation to great effect this year, though - on Rebel in the Rye

This poll suddenly became very boring. :D

Thanks, I'll check that out the McCreary!

3 minutes ago, Bespin said:

As I know what a typewriter is, and I already used one. I don't find this thread very funny.

When two letters jammed. A feeling that few of us ever experienced.

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « typewriter two letters jam »

It seems you've pushed four letters at once! :D

Marianelli already did this in ATONEMENT (and didn't Shore use one in NAKED LUNCH; or was that just the imagery in the movie -- it's been a while since I saw it?), so it's all tried and true. :)

1 minute ago, Thor said:

Marianelli already did this in ATONEMENT (and didn't Shore use one in NAKED LUNCH; or was that just the imagery in the movie -- it's been a while since I saw it?), so it's all tried and true. :)

That doesn't mean it shouldn't be done again. :) Heck, he could go all out and use two typewriters!

3 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

That doesn't mean it shouldn't be done again. :) Heck, he could go all out and use two typewriters!

Played by Don and Jerry.

I would say no to a typewriter as an actual instrument.  however, based on a couple of the reviews mentioning Williams emphasizing typewriter hits, I would bet the Setting the Type cue has the orchestra in cadence with the typing on screen.  

7 hours ago, Tom said:

I would say no to a typewriter as an actual instrument.  however, based on a couple of the reviews mentioning Williams emphasizing typewriter hits, I would bet the Setting the Type cue has the orchestra in cadence with the typing on screen.  

Let's hope so!

6 hours ago, Lockdown said:

There is no typewriter.

Yeah, and there is no spoon...