THE LAST JEDI - OST Album Track List Revealed (Temporary Thread)

mrbellamy

Just now, BloodBoal said:

Tea For Two would have been a better track title, then.

Not if Kylo is there too. 

1 minute ago, Jurassic Shark said:

...and biscuits.

But of course, or spiced porg cake

I don't care if there is no concert suite. It does not mean we are not going to have well built tracks. For all we know, Johnson's editing might very well be more friendly to the music, allowing it to shine. Perhaps there is no need for concert suites.

6 minutes ago, toothless said:

I don't care if there is no concert suite. It does not mean we are not going to have well built tracks. For all we know, Johnson's editing might very well be more friendly to the music, allowing it to shine. Perhaps there is no need for concert suites.

This is already indicated by the length of the tracks.

Guys you're not allowed to talk about stuff like that.  You're welcome to discuss the music on the album when it leaks, but you can't ask for leaks or talk about them.  Just talk about the music itself.  Thanks!

So what tracks look like candidates for action music? Obviously that long battle track, and Escape after the main title is almost certainly one also. 

Fun with Finn and Rose could be a light-hearted action cue, in the same tone as The Basket Game. 

There are probably a few more but the track titles don't really give it away.

20 minutes ago, Jay said:

Guys you're not allowed to talk about stuff like that.  You're welcome to discuss the music on the album when it leaks, but you can't ask for leaks or talk about them.  Just talk about the music itself.  Thanks!

Sorry, Jay!  I don't think you'll find a bigger naysayer about leaks, including bootlegs and session leaks, than I am.  I still am stuffy about official promos like FYC, and don't listen to them either.  I certainly would never know or provide links to these things.  I just meant to say to him that there's nothing out there yet, period.

18 minutes ago, Damien F said:

So what tracks look like candidates for action music? Obviously that long battle track, and Escape after the main title is almost certainly one also. 

Fun with Finn and Rose could be a light-hearted action cue, in the same tone as The Basket Game. 

There are probably a few more but the track titles don't really give it away.

Escape, The Fathiers, Chrome Dome, and The Battle of Crait are almost assuredly action tracks.  Probably either The Spark or The Last Jedi as well, just due to their album placement.  The names don't really give anything away re: content.

Fun with Finn and Rose could just as easily be sneaking around music, but I'd wager it's light action as well.

I still am stuffy about official promos like FYC, and don't listen to them either. 

What?  Why not?  The FYC has some good stuff in there. 

I'm sure it does.  For the leaks/sessions, it's a stance.  For the FYCs, it's just a personal thing.  I learned maybe 10 years ago that even official-ish promos can ruin expanded releases for me.  Hook and AI, for instance, would have been much more exciting if I hadn't heard most of the additional music already.

Someday when TFA (or the leaked sessions scores like Harry Potter) is expanded, I'll get a good taste of that music.  Until then, I still have something to look forward to.

I'll take additional music any time it is released, be it in drips and drabs with different releases or at one big time. But for now, GIVE ME TLJ SCORE NOW!!!!

I'm so sorry, I don't know where that came from. Very undignified of me. Tea?

3 hours ago, Skywanker said:

Does exist some "Making of" video from recording session? 60 minutes overtime or something? I do not have an American TV broadcast. :(

Nope. It looks like we're all going in cold... unless it leaks. Which in that case I will still be going in cold.

Not that it matters, the music does, but why oh why do we have such boring covers this trilogy?

9 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Nope. It looks like we're all going in cold... unless it leaks. Which in that case I will still be going in cold.

No recording session videos, no clips from movie with Williams music. TLJ marketing campaign is so poor.

Just now, BloodBoal said:

Maybe Disney doesn't have faith in the film? Maybe they'll pull the plug on Episode IX?

They'll beg George Lucas for a full refund!

Not sure why there hasn't been vids of scoring sessions and little clips of the music and I've been asking myself and others this question. There's always little teases of music coming from the Star Wars movies.

As for the movie itself, Disney has so much faith in it that they asked Rian Johnson to helm episode 9 and he declined and they offered him now a new trilogy of Star Wars films that he has accepted and is developing, writing and at least directing the first one of the three. All new characters with a possibility of it being centered around the old republic, although he did say his is not adapting the game, which doesn't mean he won't center it around that era but he wants to do something totally different with new characters.

Anyway, back to the music, I have no idea why nothing was ever shown, usually at least a hint of a theme or a clip here and there. Not even Rian Johnson has commented about the score... JJ was all over the score for TFA.

3 minutes ago, Sandor said:

All true, except for the fact that Johnson was asked to helm Episode IX and he declined.

That's what I said. Or are you being silly on how I typed IX (9) lol

1 hour ago, ocelot said:

That's what I said. Or are you being silly on how I typed IX (9) lol

I meant Johnson wasn’t asked to direct Episode IX and he didn’t decline.

From Hollywood Reporter:

"It was never in the plan for me to direct Episode IX, so I don’t know what’s going to happen with it," Johnson said during a press conference in Japan when asked about the empty director's chair for the next movie in the saga.

1 hour ago, Sandor said:

I meant Johnson wasn’t asked to direct Episode IX and he didn’t decline.

From Hollywood Reporter:

"It was never in the plan for me to direct Episode IX, so I don’t know what’s going to happen with it," Johnson said during a press conference in Japan when asked about the empty director's chair for the next movie in the saga.

Ah. I was going with what Screen Rant, Collider and Campea had reported which was that Kathleen Kennedy had offered it to him after they fired Trevorrow and that he had declined and said he was focusing on finishing up TLJ, my bad if it was clarified at a later point. Either way, I hardly think he would have been offered the trilogy had they not been super happy with the movie.

Which reminds me. Rian Johnson just came out a few days ago and said that the original runtime for the movie was 3 hours and that he had cut some of his favorite scenes because it didn't fit into the flow of the best cut as he sees it. Does this mean there is around 20 or so minutes of Williams music that we will only hear come the deleted scenes?

21 minutes ago, Alex said:

Wasn't he originally meant to write story treatment for Episode IX?

I believe he had already done that to some degree. We will probably find out on the credits. Oh and today is the world premiere so we will see some tweets regarding the music tonight :)

2 minutes ago, ocelot said:

Ah. I was going with what Screen Rant, Collider and Campea had reported which was that Kathleen Kennedy had offered it to him after they fired Trevorrow and that he had declined and said he was focusing on finishing up TLJ, my bad if it was clarified at a later point. Either way, I hardly think he would have been offered the trilogy had they not been super happy with the movie.

Which reminds me. Rian Johnson just came out a few days ago and said that the original runtime for the movie was 3 hours and that he had cut some of his favorite scenes because it didn't fit into the flow of the best cut as he sees it. Does this mean there is around 20 or so minutes of Williams music that we will only hear come the deleted scenes?

I agree: offering Johnson a new trilogy is the ultimate testament to the enourmous faith in TLJ.

22 minutes ago, ocelot said:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28025-the-last-jedi-deleted-scenes-feature-original-score-by-williams/