THE LAST JEDI - OST Album Track List Revealed (Temporary Thread)

mrbellamy

Wow, awesome.  Well over an hour of new Williams' Star Wars music to enjoy.  :music:

2 hours ago, mstrox said:

The Empire Strikes Back just had "Finale"

I had forgotten about that.  It's real in any case.

Interesting to note:

Canto Night -> Canto Bight

Peace and Prosper -> Peace and Purpose

"Chrome Dome" with quotes seems more Williams-y for some reason haha, like he can't fully commit to it. Either that or it's an actual phrase of dialogue.

I like the italicized "Who Are You?"

3 minutes ago, mrbellamy said:

Interesting to note:

Canto Night -> Canto Bight

Peace and Prosper -> Peace and Purpose

"Chrome Dome" with quotes seems more Williams-y for some reason haha, like he can't fully commit to it. Either that or it's an actual phrase of dialogue.

I like the italicized "Who Are You?"

Maybe this is the fight between Finn and Phasma?

Nice to see quite a few over 3 minutes tracks on the soundtrack (assuming the track times are correct of course). :) 

Heee  the tracklist in text form:

01 Main Title and Escape (7:26)

02 Ahch-To Island (4:23)

03 Revisiting Snoke (3:29)

04 The Supremacy (4:01)

05 Fun with Finn and Rose (2:34)

06 Old Friends (4:29)

07 The Rebellion is Reborn (4:00)

08 Lesson One (2:10)

09 Canto Bight (2:38)

10 Who Are You? (3:04)

11 The Fathiers (2:42)

12 The Cave (3:00)

13 The Sacred Jedi Texts (3:33)

14 A New Alliance (3:13)

15 "Chrome Dome" (2:03)

16 The Battle of Crait (6:48)

17 The Spark (3:36)

18 The Last Jedi (3:04)

19 Peace and Purpose (3:08)

20 Finale (8:28)

TOTAL TIME - 1:17:49

I'd say these are the most likely candidates for concert arrangements:

Maybe he figured his End Credits was enough. (Because face it, there isn't really many new characters that could get a theme)

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

I do think it seems a little unlike Williams for "Revisiting Snoke" and "The Supremacy" to be back-to-back 3.5-4 minute cues of villainous underscore. Unless those scenes are really different, like if the former is dramatic and the latter is an action cue or something.

Shouldn't be there ONE thread for now for the last jedi cd?

At this moment there is a fake list thread, a true list thread, an initial response thread, another one that I don't know what it is etc.. :lol:

(not whining, just a suggestion)

20 minutes ago, artguy360 said:

Looking at the track titles, I can't figure which are likely to be new themes or concert arrangements. This concerns me...

Why?  Even if there were no concert arrangements (which I doubt), it is a near certainty Williams will create them for a concert suite.  To paraphrase Qui-Gon, either way, we win.  

20 minutes ago, Jay said:

The first two are a little strange to me, as themes, as I can't remember the last time JW titled a theme with a location name. The Falthiers could be a concert arrangement of a new theme for those creatures as JW has written creature themes for SW before, though I'm surprised to see no track title containing "Porgs." The Last Jedi is a strong possibility but also a little odd given how late in the program it is. I think even March of the Resistance comes earlier in the TFA CD program.

I'm surprised by the lack of "Porgs" as well but maybe they aren't integral as we are expecting.  However, that doesn't mean Williams didn't at least write a motif for them.

2 minutes ago, artguy360 said:

The first two are a little strange to me, as themes, as I can't remember the last time JW titled a theme with a location name.

"The Chamber of Secrets"?

3 minutes ago, mrbellamy said:

"The Chamber of Secrets"?

True but that's also the title of the movie and it's also unusual for a JW Star Wars track title to have the same name as the movie title but I think the original album release for Return of the Jedi had a track by the same name which was largely the sail barge music? I can't recall. Did ROTS also open with "Main Titles and The Revenge of the Sith" or am I imagining that as well?

57 minutes ago, artguy360 said:

The first two are a little strange to me, as themes, as I can't remember the last time JW titled a theme with a location name.  

"Lowood" and "To Thornfield" from Jane Eyre; "The Lanes of Limerick" from Angela's Ashes; "Dartmoor, 1912" from War Horse... everything is possible.

Need to put in some buffer text.  I suggest: 

"Check it out, you guys!  Hot news from the ol' Internet!  Somebody on Reddit leaked the FULL, COMPLETE, UNABRIDGED track listing to John Williams's totally Epic score to Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi.  And hold on to your butts, because here it comes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

(btw I offer these writing services pro bono, but I'm happy to get a writing credit and some exposure)

I'm actually surprised at how spoiler-free the tracklist is.  Most of them are things we've already seen in the trailers, or can surmise from the trailers.