Star Wars The Last Jedi red carpet premiere live stream

karelm

In case there are any fans of Star Wars here, the Last Jedi red carpet premiere will take place on December 9 at 5pm PST and will be live streamed here:

http://www.starwars.com/news/watch-star-wars-the-last-jedi-red-carpet-live-at-starwars-com

Guys, it is happening now!

http://www.starwars.com

EDIT:  Hmm, wait the page now says it is live on December 11 @ 5pm.  Did the premiere just get delayed two days or is this a typo???

EDIT EDIT: Nevermind, this was a typo since the premiere is happening right now.

sw.jpg

Just starting! Only trailer music so far.

Oh wow, David Collins hosting the celebrity interviews. Is Williams attending tonight? That will be fun if he interviews him!

3 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Did that new version of Carbon Freeze sound orchestral to anyone else? Or just more trailer crap?

Definitely trailer house or marketing company along with the following force theme.  I assume they can't use TLJ music to keep the suspense.  Poor Peter Mayhew who still has broken knees. 

Interestingly, Peter Mayhew is credited in TLJ so I wonder if he actually played the chewbacca character or just filled in a few places since he doesn't seem able to walk?

Yeah if there's been no OST music in the mix thus far, I can't see it happening from here. And that's fine by me!

I don't remember the TFA premiere having TFA music either.

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

They're interviewing a shoe designer... If JW doesn't get an interview I'll scream

As someone who attended The Force Awakens premiere, the higher caliber stars come later.  Harrison Ford was one of the last people (along with his wife Clarissa Flockhart) and most people were waiting to see him.  George Lucas and Mark Hamill carpooled in a limo and showed up maybe 5 minutes before Harrison. I didn't recognize most of the first arrivals.

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

They're interviewing a shoe designer... If JW doesn't get an interview I'll scream

Has there been confirmation he's attending? He seems more involved in the media/promotional stuff for these films than for the prequels (didn't he say he never attended the prequel premieres?).

He got a rockstar welcome at the TFA premiere and seemed to love the limelight. :P

John+Williams+Premiere+Star+Wars+Force+A

35 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

The orchestra itself sounded like it was the original recording, just slowed down and altered with synth.

You, and everyone else, for the love of god, indulge my anal terminology needs and stop calling it "synth."  SynthSSSS are synthesizers.  What you are all referring to are samples, virtual instruments.  Thank you and goodnight.

2 minutes ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

You, and everyone else, for the love of god, indulge my anal terminology needs and stop calling it "synth."  SynthSSSS are synthesizers.  What you are all referring to are samples, virtual instruments.  Thank you and goodnight.

SYNTH

Ah, it's that music again! I think it's synth (the percussion is overdone), but it sounds pretty cool. 

Where is Williams? I haven't spotted him!

Also, bless that girl who said the thing she's most looking forward to about TLJ is John Williams' score.

Williams was just spotted by people at the premiere. The J-Man is in the house. I repeat, the J-Man is in the house. 

1 minute ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

Williams spotted by someone at the premiere. The J-Man is in the house. I repeat, the J-Man is in the house. 

That is his daughter.

There are no prohibitions on social media reactions so people will be tweeting about the movie as soon as it's over. Hopefully people mention the score.

Critic reviews aren't allowed to be posted for a few more days, I think.

3 minutes ago, mrbellamy said:

There are no prohibitions on social media reactions so people will be tweeting about the movie as soon as it's over. Hopefully people mention the score.

Ah, interesting.  I didn't know that or I forgot.

4 minutes ago, mrbellamy said:

@BurnettRM already tweeted about the score 

And yes, critic reviews are not allowed till Tuesday because for the first time they did not have any screenings with press before the premiere and they wanted everyone who is going to review it post on the same day after a few days of press screenings (or at least that is the story they are going with)

12 minutes ago, ocelot said:

@BurnettRM already tweeted about the score 

And yes, critic reviews are not allowed till Tuesday because for the first time they did not have any screenings with press before the premiere and they wanted everyone who is going to review it post on the same day after a few days of press screenings (or at least that is the story they are going with)

I don't believe they've had any press screenings before ANY of the SW premieres.  I'm going to mine on Monday.  I believe all the press screenings are then.

18 minutes ago, DigitalfreakNYC said:

I don't believe they've had any press screenings before ANY of the SW premieres.  I'm going to mine on Monday.  I believe all the press screenings are then.

Can't wait to hear what you think! :)

1 minute ago, Will said:

Can anyone give an approximate time stamp for that "Carbon Freeze" music?

I can't but the last I heard it was within the 10 last ten minutes or so of the feed... after an interview with Boyega, I think.

22 hours ago, crumbs said:

Has there been confirmation he's attending? He seems more involved in the media/promotional stuff for these films than for the prequels (didn't he say he never attended the prequel premieres?).

He got a rockstar welcome at the TFA premiere and seemed to love the limelight. :P

Yeah he was there. (Edit) Campea took a pic of him getting out of his limo on his twitter page. I said Harloff had tweeted it.