SPOILER TALK - The Last Jedi (open spoilers allowed!!!)

Jay

Just saw this. Wish they had taken this route instead (obviously the Leia part wouldn't have been possible):

Long before J.J. Abrams came onboard to direct, “Jurassic World” filmmaker Colin Trevorrow was slated to helm “Star Wars: Episode IX” and was attached long enough to come up with some ideas for where it should go.

Actor Mark Hamill has previously indicated he and Trevorrow were very much on the same page about the path laid out for the character of Luke Skywalker in the final film. Then Trevorrow was famously let go and ‘The Last Jedi’ changed the franchise’s game plan for Luke Skywalker.

SPOILERS AHEAD FOR “STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI”

Now, a Redditor (via CBM) claims to have some new insight and says Trevorrow fought to have Luke Skywalker remain alive in Episode IX and had big plans for Luke and Leia’s relationship which included exploring her links to the Force in a “beautiful and tragic” way.

Trevorrow also apparently wanted Supreme Leader Snoke to stay alive in order to explore the villain’s backstory and so he would end the trilogy with Luke walking off into the sunset. Rian Johnson and Kathleen Kennedy however were the ones adamant Luke die.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/star-wars-trevorrow-rumors-solo-posters/

15 hours ago, filmmusic said:

Watching the deleted scenes and some "jokes" i seem to have missed in the final film (eg. the iron thing), I came to the conclusion that this film is even worse that I thought!

How could anyone take it seriously?

it makes a parody of Star Wars.

I have a hunch in 20 years time it will be considered a newer "Star Wars Holiday special".

Did you see The Last Jedi?

giphy (1).gif

20 hours ago, Margo Channing said:

Jeez, anyone else remember the pre-release hype for TLJ on JWfan?

"Sounds like Kennedy has a lot of confidence in Rian Johnson!"

"This one promises to be the darkest one since ESB!"

I'm still very confused why people thought this was going to be a groundbreaking movie.  Because an unknown (Johnson) was helming the project?  

Well, Johnson was a known quantity for both his film work (Brick and Looper, probably some others) and his television work (some of the best episodes of Breaking Bad, especially), so there was an anticipation that it would live up to those things.

In my opinion, it did.  Exceeded his previous movies, didn't quite reach the limits of his best Breaking Bad stuff, but that is kind of top-tier at this point.  Diff'rent strokes, for diff'rent folks.

I hadn't heard of Johnson nor unknowingly saw his work before he was signed on to write/direct TLJ.  While I don't hate TLJ, it doesn't make me want to see Brick, Looper or any of Johnson's other works.

I liked Brick a lot, as far as low-budget neonoir goes.  I thought Looper was a neat idea with less interesting execution, but good performances from the two leads.  His work on Breaking Bad was series-best, which is saying a lot with that series.  However, he didn't write those episodes, just directed.

9 hours ago, mstrox said:

An unsourced Redditor claims that Trevorrow wanted everything that upset Redditors wanted from the movie!

Probably Trevorrow himself just making shit up, desperate to clean up his tarnished brand after that embarrassing flop.

I just realized that Leia first appears to Luke as a hologram projection from R2 in Star Wars. He last appears to her as a projection through the Force in The Last Jedi.

It's like poetry, it rhymes...

1 minute ago, John said:

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

An Ode to George Lucas

by Jerry the Hutt

O George Lucas

Not called a doofus

But the prequels made puke us

May the Empire nuke us

A corny romance

A bunch of brown pants

An arena filled with flying ants

Have all lead to angry rants

Repeat-The prequels, the prequels

Blah, blah, blah

The OT was great 

But then you had hate

I cannot wait

For the last of this bait!!!

Star Wars why?

Why do I cry?

George Lucas I thank you but should I?

Thanks everyone for giving me this opportunity. They still won't let my book into Barnes and Nobel.

31 minutes ago, John said:

I just realized that Leia first appears to Luke as a hologram projection from R2 in Star Wars. He last appears to her as a projection through the Force in The Last Jedi.

So they didn't see each other on Polis Massa? 

18 hours ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

An Ode to George Lucas

by Jerry the Hutt

O George Lucas

Not called a doofus

But the prequels made puke us

May the Empire nuke us

A corny romance

A bunch of brown pants

An arena filled with flying ants

Have all lead to angry rants

Repeat-The prequels, the prequels

Blah, blah, blah

The OT was great 

But then you had hate

I cannot wait

For the last of this bait!!!

Star Wars why?

Why do I cry?

George Lucas I thank you but should I?

Thanks everyone for giving me this opportunity. They still won't let my book into Barnes and Nobel.

Why did I read this entire post?

@Pieter_Boelen I saw your reaction and I was making a joke about the reaction of others when the Cars 3 teaser came out.

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/03/18/star-wars-the-last-jedi-mark-hamill-emotional-luke-skywalker/

Wow. Check it out.

On 16 March 2018 at 4:43 PM, crumbs said:

Probably Trevorrow himself just making shit up, desperate to clean up his tarnished brand after that embarrassing flop.

Or not. We'll likely never know.

On 16/03/2018 at 4:56 AM, JTWfan77 said:

Just saw this. Wish they had taken this route instead (obviously the Leia part wouldn't have been possible):

Long before J.J. Abrams came onboard to direct, “Jurassic World” filmmaker Colin Trevorrow was slated to helm “Star Wars: Episode IX” and was attached long enough to come up with some ideas for where it should go.

Actor Mark Hamill has previously indicated he and Trevorrow were very much on the same page about the path laid out for the character of Luke Skywalker in the final film. Then Trevorrow was famously let go and ‘The Last Jedi’ changed the franchise’s game plan for Luke Skywalker.

SPOILERS AHEAD FOR “STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI”

Now, a Redditor (via CBM) claims to have some new insight and says Trevorrow fought to have Luke Skywalker remain alive in Episode IX and had big plans for Luke and Leia’s relationship which included exploring her links to the Force in a “beautiful and tragic” way.

Trevorrow also apparently wanted Supreme Leader Snoke to stay alive in order to explore the villain’s backstory and so he would end the trilogy with Luke walking off into the sunset. Rian Johnson and Kathleen Kennedy however were the ones adamant Luke die.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/star-wars-trevorrow-rumors-solo-posters/

Dark Horizons as a source of credible information... please...

Speaking of Luke and his portrayal, here's an interesting take by Rian Johnson on why this story plays out the way it does.

Think he nailed it because this is exactly what I've been thinking while watching it.

Karol