THE LAST JEDI - For Your Consideration (FYC) Album

Jay

Holdo's theme is definitely my favourite theme from TLJ. It can be considered a small theme within the giant cosmos of themes in Star Wars, but like Poe's was in TFA, it's my personal favourite of its respective film.

Well, it's great Rey's Journey is here, but a shame the lightsaber practice cue isn't.

The FYC seems to largely avoid all the villain material; no Snoke's Theme at all, skips over all the Kylo Ren material from the beginning of the OST album.

13 minutes ago, Jay said:

Well, it's great Rey's Journey is here, but a shame the lightsaber practice cue isn't.

The FYC seems to largely avoid all the villain material; no Snoke's Theme at all, skips over all the Kylo Ren material from the beginning of the OST album.

I wonder if it's because Kylo's theme was s major identity in TFA and this is how it will be eligible for consideration?

The album is quite similar to TFA's FYC in that is largely skips over passages that heavily feature old themes, and largely focuses on passages with no themes or new themes.

The TFA FYC was better at getting us the major missing highlights we all wanted though

6 minutes ago, Jay said:

The TFA FYC was better at getting us the major missing highlights we all wanted though

There has to remain something left to keep wishing for, I suppose.

But with "Escape", "Admiral Holdo", "Rey's Journey" and that start of "The Last Jedi" alone, I'm already not complaining! :music:

Just dipping my toe in to listen to the first few beats of tracks sharing the same name as the soundtrack it's odd to hear so many initial differences. Curious how a "full complete" soundtrack will work itself out.

Also, LOL at so many people in this thread. Film music is serious business!

On 15-12-2017 at 2:36 PM, crumbs said:

The film version is also definitely different from the OST version. Yoda's Theme did not appear in the end credits I saw theatrically.

Probably better without that theme. As great a theme as it is, I find it very distracting outside the End Title of the movie it is from.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

The lack of villain material is fine with me!  I find the listening experience significantly better this way.  How exciting that we got this for Christmas!

3 minutes ago, Laserschwert said:

I hope someone will manage to combine the differently edited versions of the cues that appear on both the OST and the FYC into longer (and more complete) tracks.

I hope so too, but it would probably make sense to wait until a lossless version of the FYC is available.

I think it will be pretty difficult to edit the OST and FYC versions of "Escape" together, considering how much of a mess the FYC version of "Escape" is.  It'll be hard to get that Poe's theme statement out in a way that sounds organic.

9 minutes ago, Taikomochi said:

I think it will be pretty difficult to edit the OST and FYC versions of "Escape" together, considering how much of a mess the FYC version of "Escape" is.  It'll be hard to get that Poe's theme statement out in a way that sounds organic.

Surely one of the music wizards here can work some magic?

6 minutes ago, king mark said:

Fifuckinally

approx how many minutes of unreleased music?

is the music where Rey lands in her casket there?

Yes, Rey's Journey. It's really great. No training music though :(

The FYC pisses me off! So much awesome music that should've been on the OST is inexplicably removed. Who knows how long, if ever, the full scores will be released officially...

4 hours ago, leeallen01 said:

Holdo's theme is definitely my favourite theme from TLJ. It can be considered a small theme within the giant cosmos of themes in Star Wars, but like Poe's was in TFA, it's my personal favourite of its respective film.

Can someone point out exactly where I can find Admiral Holdo's theme? I haven't been able to place my finger on it

57 minutes ago, Jorah the Andal said:

Can someone point out exactly where I can find Admiral Holdo's theme? I haven't been able to place my finger on it

There is not theme for Holdo IMO, just more of a general "Resistance in trouble" motif.  

It can be heard on the OST at:

01 Escape 6:15-7:08

15 Chrome Dome 0:25-0:35

20 Finale 5:47-6:25

It can be heard on the FYC at:

01 Escape 6:12-6:53

14 Holdo's Resolve 1:37-2:12

15 Chrome Dome 0:25-0:32

Yay! Just listened through without spoiling the tracklist and I'm pretty happy! Quite a bit of unreleased music but it's contained within existing tracks, so this will be a very tricky editing job.

Also shocked at how much music was tracked into Escape! Was it really like this in cinemas? The opening sounds completely new as well. The amount of editing really surprises me here. I think the best version of Escape will be a combination of FYC and OST tracks. The FYC is unfocused but the OST is missing big highlights.

Pleasantly surprised we got the Rey To Supremacy and Rey Searches cues, mildly disappointed we got no training cue (probably atop several poster's most-wanted list). Double shame because it included more of the Luke Island theme, which goes pretty unrepresented on the FYC. Very unexpected that the FYC includes the Long Goodbye & Brazil quotes!

Longer Finale just replaces the Holdo and Yoda stuff with a huge chunk of Crait music. Nothing we didn't already have.

A bit sad the ending of Chrome Dome is missing again; I recall the really fun Rose's Theme ending from the film.

5 minutes ago, Jwfan2234 said:

I’m on an iPad. It’s not working. Do you have a different link I can try? Like a Dropbox link, thanks.

You're going to have to stop asking publicly for people to illegal upload copyrighted files for you.  Please read our rules again.

If you can't manage to download from Disney's website, please use our PM system.  This is your final warning about this.

2 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Very unexpected that the FYC includes the Long Goodbye & Brazil quotes!

I didn’t hear the snippet from The Long Goodbye.

20 hours ago, Jay said:

You're going to have to stop asking publicly for people to illegal upload copyrighted files for you.  Please read our rules again.

If you can't manage to download from Disney's site, please use our PM system.  This is your final warning about this.

Oh the FYC is illegal to download?