THE LAST JEDI - For Your Consideration (FYC) Album

Jay

As much as I like the Rey lightsaber cue, I prefer both Rey's Journey cue and the awesome rendition of her theme at the beginning of The Last Jedi. If I had to choose only two of these three to appear on the FYC, I'd omit the lightsaber cue. I still would have liked it to appear on the FYC though. It was quite a prominent piece of music in the film so it is unfortunate it never appeared in either the OST or the FYC. 

Its short length and major theme makes it an ideal cue to appear as a blu-ray menu music so maybe we'll get lucky. 

7 hours ago, crumbs said:

Don't fret about Rey's training track. We might get really lucky and be able to assemble a mostly SFX-free version with the Bluray extras/rear channels.

rear channels sound like shit. Echoy, thin sound

yes we can

If they'd release Williams scores properly the first time around we wouldn't have to go through this every time

All that does is re-enforce my pro-bootleg,recording sessions leak,  illegal downloading of anything you can get your hands on stance and makes me despise the studios in charge of releasing this music  that make us wait 25 years to hear it

4 hours ago, king mark said:

rear channels sound like shit. Echoy, thin sound

Not all rear channels.

Some sound really dry. Like Last Crusade.

9 hours ago, Damien F said:

Its short length and major theme makes it an ideal cue to appear as a blu-ray menu music so maybe we'll get lucky. 

My thoughts exactly. It's the perfect track length for a Bluray menu or a bonus feature credits roll.

7 hours ago, king mark said:

yes we can

If they'd release Williams scores properly the first time around we wouldn't have to go through this every time

All that does is re-enforce my pro-bootleg,recording sessions leak,  illegal downloading of anything you can get your hands on stance and makes me despise the studios in charge of releasing this music  that make us wait 25 years to hear it

I once had hope they would release expanded scores for the prequels after we discovered that they were basically sitting there waiting. I don't expect to see expanded sets for at least another decade.

10 hours ago, Arpy said:

I don't expect to see expanded sets for at least another decade.

Ooh, I hope we don't have to wait that long. I know it's a very long shot, but maybe they'll tackle them for the 20th anniversary of TPM.

No promises but I'm back in LA and am trying to get a copy of the FYC CD (if there is one). It's probably a long shot but I have a few connections to try. However, in a world of digital markets, do you think maybe they just did it online this time?

Having heard this additional music once, it's not worth spending 200 Dollars on it. And since it's available online, it's not even worth spending 20 dollars on it.

And certainly not with that cheap ass packaging.

12 hours ago, zeekypttr5678 said:

My bad. I wasnt sure if I could do that or not.

I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't be able to link to an ebay auction on this or any other forum...

1 hour ago, someonefun124 said:

Buy it now for $1200?? :eh: 

No score in lossless is worth that much. 

No score is worth that much complete and in high res surround sound.

6 hours ago, Jay said:

I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't be able to link to an ebay auction on this or any other forum...

I've had folks on other locations get pissed for sharing an ebay link because it sends a bunch of people to it and ups the bidding war or something ridiculous. Just treading lightly. Now I know

20 hours ago, zeekypttr5678 said:

I'm gonna say a CD exists...for...reasons...

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

CLARIFICATION: I DO NOT HAVE THIS

Edit: Why are some of the cues from a different publisher?

The themes from the original trilogy fall under different publishers.

Just now, El Jefe said:

The themes from the original trilogy fall under different publishers.

Ah! Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. Makes total sense.

I love that the sequel trilogy publisher is Utapau Music.  All Star Wars Story themes should be Jedha Music, and themes for Rian Johnson's next trilogy can be D'Qar Music (if only to give that dumb, unspoken planet name a purpose beyond sounding dumb).

7 minutes ago, MedigoScan said:

did Jay get sucked out into space, or is there nothing to compare anymore between album and FYC?

He's banished himself to a small rocky island while trying to figure out Escape.

42 minutes ago, p0llux said:

wow i was just joking when I said if we needed a gofundme for this.

I know lol but it couldn't hurt 

1 hour ago, Bryant Burnette said:

I hope you receive zero donations.

You really want these lossless tracks don't you? Haha It was more or less a joke to start this GoFundMe but it couldn't hurt if enough people donate. Probably won't happen but why not try lol

Like @Smeltington said, only thing is it's probably going to end up costing more. Also, how does GoFundMe work, exactly? The big thing is I'd really only like to contribute funds if we're for sure going to get the album. If we don't get it and my money still ends up in someone else's bank account though, nope, not really into that. (Sorry.) Perhaps Kickstarter would be better in that case? I do hope we get our hands on lossless, one way or another. Much more excited for this FYC than I was for TFA's.