THE LAST JEDI - For Your Consideration (FYC) Album

Jay

You can adjust the price 

37 minutes ago, Breadstick Basilisk said:

Like @Smeltington said, only thing is it's probably going to end up costing more. Also, how does GoFundMe work, exactly? The big thing is I'd really only like to contribute funds if we're for sure going to get the album. If we don't get it and my money still ends up in someone else's bank account though, nope, not really into that. (Sorry.) Perhaps Kickstarter would be better in that case? I do hope we get our hands on lossless, one way or another. Much more excited for this FYC than I was for TFA's.

The amount you are trying to get can adjust as need be on GoFundMe. I believe that in the same fashion as Kickstarter that GoFundMe can return the money to the donators if the CD ends up not being bought. The whole GoFundMe account was pretty much a joke referring to an earlier post but I mean something along those lines would be a good way to get the money to do it be it Kickstarter or GoFundMe. 

Well, if you're going to scalp something, I guess you might as well really go for it.

If it took me having to pay that much for that music, I'd be perfectly okay with never hearing it outside the movie.  A 192 free download'll do me just fine, yessir.

If Jay set something like this up, I'd be somewhat interested. The problem is it may well sell for $1,000 or more. At that point, I'd want the item sold again, so we can get some of our money back.

How can you sell a FYC disc and not get tracked by the publishers or academy?

In any case, these extra tracks are nothing too special, and the quality from the download is good enough for me!

14 hours ago, MedigoScan said:

did Jay get sucked out into space, or is there nothing to compare anymore between album and FYC?

Just been busy with other things.  With the snowstorm hammering New England today cancelling work, though, I should be able to finish it up - unless we lose power.

Stefan, Maine is a very large state.  Parts of it might get that much, other parts might not,

6 minutes ago, Jay said:

Stefan, Maine is a very large state.  Parts of it might get that much, other parts might not,

LOL, sorry, almost spit out my drink all over my keyboard when I read this statement.  Maine a "very large state"?  Jay, you can drive all day across Texas and still never cross a state line!  Per this pic you can fit Maine 8 times in Texas.  A trip from Austin where I live to Dallas Metroplex is 3 hours and it's considered "up the road" :lol: 

All that being said, everyone stay safe with the big storm slamming the Northeast!

YlEUsAj-1024x802.jpg

P.S.  The locals here also have a bumper sticker that says Texas is bigger than France, I think they're right! LOL

Texas-France_comparaison.png

Maine is orange 8, upper right.  Looks bigger than it is on that map due to globe curvature.

This is a more accurate representation.

https://previews.123rf.com/images/prospective56/prospective561504/prospective56150400006/39264070-Estados-Unidos-mapa-con-escala-Foto-de-archivo.jpg

Can Europeans really not find Maine on a map?  I think it's pretty standard education for us here to learn to identify most countries the world over.  And you lot can't memorize a measly 50 states?  Sad!

Imagine the US as a two-legged animal with a long head on the right. Geographically, Maine is the "head" of the US. Pretty easy to remember.

We never had to, either. I can identify Texas, California, Florida, MIMAL the elf and stuff like that from pop-culture only.

Skipping over The Battle of Crait for now, because I'll go back and do Escape & that one after all other tracks:

FYC 17 The Spark (4:20)

OST equivalent: 17 The Spark (3:36)

The opening of the FYC track (0:00-0:46) is not included on the OST track, and begins almost immediately after The Battle of Crait in the film.  It covers Rose telling Finn that love is how they'll win & kissing him, and Ren telling Hux to advance on the base.  The remainder of the FYC track (0:46-end [3:34]) is basically the same as the OST track, and covers Luke arriving, talking to Leia, then marching out to face the First Order.  So you can just use the entire FYC track and ignore the OST track for a complete edit.

4 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Iv'e been there. Lots of trees and the women wear loose, baggy clothes.

:lol:

Only someone who had actually been to Maine (and almost any Uni town in the Northeast) knows how true this is!

Kiev it ain't.

3 hours ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

Can Europeans really not find Maine on a map?  I think it's pretty standard education for us here to learn to identify most countries the world over.  And you lot can't memorize a measly 50 states?  Sad!

And Europeans make fun of Americans for THEIR geography!

32 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

And Europeans make fun of Americans for THEIR geography!

There are some hilarious examples for both cases to be found on the internet.

Gave a good laugh once; look it up!

Long story short: everyone is crap at geography, no matter on which side of the Big Pond you live. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Pieter_Boelen said:

There are some hilarious examples for both cases to be found on the internet.

Gave a good laugh once; look it up!

Long story short: everyone is crap at geography, no matter on which side of the Big Pond you live. :lol:

Speak for yourself! What do people from Holland know about Geography anyway?! ;)

FYC 18 The Last Jedi (5:02)

OST equivalent: 18 The Last Jedi (3:04)

The opening of the FYC track (0:00-1:15) is an unreleased cue that covers the Resistance following the crystal critters into the caves, Rey hovering over and scanning for their location, and then both parties arriving at opposite sides of the stone-piled exit.

The rest of the FYC track is roughly the same as the OST track, and covers Kylo and Luke's final showdown.  The FYC track is longer though, because the OST appears to be microedited in a few spots - there's a section microedited out of the OST at 0:15 that is intact in the FYC from 1:30-1:53, then another section microedited out of the OST at 0:22 that is intact in the FYC from 2:00-2:09, and finally compare OST 1:26-1:30 to FYC 3:14-3:22 and OST 1:45-1:48 to FYC 3:38-3:44.

So overall, I'd again recommend just using the entire FYC track and ignoring the OST track in a complete edit.

Does anyone else find "Rey's Journey" almost unlistenable? Not the music mind you, which is phenomenal, but the editing on the track. 00:28 - 00:38 has the most heinous tempo slowing I've heard, even worse than the climax of Jedi Steps/Finale in TFA's promo CD.

I'm going to try and edit it back to its original state, anyone else attempting something similar?

FYC 19 Old Friends (1:23)

OST equivalent: 19 Peace and Purpose [1:44-end] (1:22)

The OST track from 0:00-1:44 is portion of a cue covering Luke's death and Kylo matching into the base and finding it empty.  There's a whole chunk of the cue taken out around 1:28, but unfortunately the cue isn't on the FYC at all so can't be restored using it.  

The FYC track is only the next cue, covering the reunion of Rey & Chewie with Poe & everyone else on the Millennium Falcon, and Rey telling Leia Luke's death felt like it was full of Peace and Purpose (which makes it so odd they retitled the track for the FYC), and the ship taking off into hyperspace.

There's no real difference between the two versions, so again just ignore the FYC track and use the full OST track.

The title probably refers to Rey and Finn. (Maaaaybe Rey and Leia, Poe and Rey etc.)

1 hour ago, Docteur Qui said:

Does anyone else find "Rey's Journey" almost unlistenable? Not the music mind you, which is phenomenal, but the editing on the track. 00:28 - 00:38 has the most heinous tempo slowing I've heard, even worse than the climax of Jedi Steps/Finale in TFA's promo CD.

I'm going to try and edit it back to its original state, anyone else attempting something similar?

I didn't notice that until you pointed that section out. 

As a Brit, I know the location (and have a heuristic about the character) of particular US states because I want to, not because I should.:sarcasm: American exceptionalism runs deep!

17 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

Speak for yourself! What do people from Holland know about Geography anyway?! ;)

NOTHING! As I said: We're all crap at it. Goes for me too.

Though I might be ever so slightly less crap at it. I've been around a fair bit... :P

1 minute ago, Pieter_Boelen said:

NOTHING! As I said: We're all crap at it. Goes for me too.

Though I might be ever so slightly less crap at it. I've been around a fair bit... :P

You, geographical slut, you!! ;)

17 hours ago, Docteur Qui said:

I think that's intentional/I don't really hear a problem...? I can more or less conduct/beat my way through that passage and it all seems to add up okay.

EDIT: Still trying to figure out how to notate 0:27-0:29, but here's how I hear the bit from 0:30-0:38.

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 10.42.49 AM.png

6 hours ago, Gurkensalat said:

I can´t tell if this is irony, but if not: Do you know all states in Germany like Bavaria or Hessen? All Kantons of Switzerland like Aargau or Schwyz? This would be the equivalent to the states of the USA.

Yes, this is something learned in advanced placement history courses, both modern and historic European states, territories, etc.  Sorry you and everyone who liked your post don't get to revel in being right. 

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

Americans don't know shit about the rest of the world!

FACT!

Period.

Please don't mix "americans" and people from USA.

18 hours ago, Docteur Qui said:

Sounds like only 0:27.7-0:30.8 is actually slowed down significantly. After 30.8 it seems to return to a proper tempo.

21 hours ago, Jay said:

FYC 19 Old Friends (1:23)

OST equivalent: 19 Peace and Purpose [1:44-end] (1:22)

The OST track from 0:00-1:44 is portion of a cue covering Luke's death and Kylo matching into the base and finding it empty.  There's a whole chunk of the cue taken out around 1:28, but unfortunately the cue isn't on the FYC at all so can't be restored using it.  

The FYC track is only the next cue, covering the reunion of Rey & Chewie with Poe & everyone else on the Millennium Falcon, and Rey telling Leia Luke's death felt like it was full of Peace and Purpose (which makes it so odd they retitled the track for the FYC), and the ship taking off into hyperspace.

There's no real difference between the two versions, so again just ignore the FYC track and use the full OST track.

These are awesome! Thanks SOOO much!!! Any chance that you can compile them all into a single post when you're all done?