The Last Jedi Box Office Predictions (No Movie Spoilers Please)

Ollie

So it’s currently tracking domestically to open 26 to 48 million lower domestically than TFA and about 120 million lower overall with the foreign grosses. 

Im going to say it finishes around $650 million domestic and 1.4 billion overall.

11 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

So what?

Alex, how dare you speak to Mark O., like that. Shame on you. Shame. Shame!

Mark, how come your profile says "grandfather", but your gender says "not telling"?

I think we've seen through your cunning plan, what?

13 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

If it makes a lot of money, it means we'll get a sequel, Cremers.

JUSTICE LEAGUE is successful, but it hasn't a snowball's chance of making a profit. 

I like the idea of no Ep. IX. 

58 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

So what?

That sums up my feelings whenever you post.

46 minutes ago, Richard said:

Mark, how come your profile says "grandfather", but your gender says "not telling"?

I think we've seen through your cunning plan, what?

This is only the beginning, all will be revealed soon..........

08E5CA62-6BBA-4BF6-8E9E-DE8974F75FCC.gif

7 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

Nah 700 pounds of shear box office muscle. Look at it go. 

No, because that would be 700lbs.

6 hours ago, Denise Bryson said:

Take her to sea, Mr Murdoch. Let's stretch her legs.

But TLJ can't sink?!

On 12/17/2017 at 3:42 PM, Denise Bryson said:

If reports of the film's quality are any indication, it'll suffer a steep second weekend drop, and Episode 9's opening might be significantly less.

Wow you were right. But you are still the guy who said TFA wouldn't/couldn't break 200 million just like Koray is the guy who said about Avatar..."I smell a bomb!"

Why on earth Lucasfilm gave Johnson a 3 movie deal prior to release is a huge concern.  Perhaps Kennedy (who I have just assumed knows what she is doing) is just plain incompetent.  She is now is a no win scenario of firing him or going ahead with a trilogy that many, many fans (enough to make a sizable BO difference) will not see on principle.  

What would have been the harm of waiting a month to decide on Johnson?  

‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Soars to $745 Million Worldwide

6 hours ago, Tom said:

She is now is a no win scenario of firing him or going ahead with a trilogy that many, many fans (enough to make a sizable BO difference) will not see on principle.  

The 'fans' will watch it, no matter what. 

8 hours ago, Tom said:

Why on earth Lucasfilm gave Johnson a 3 movie deal prior to release is a huge concern.  Perhaps Kennedy (who I have just assumed knows what she is doing) is just plain incompetent.  She is now is a no win scenario of firing him or going ahead with a trilogy that many, many fans (enough to make a sizable BO difference) will not see on principle.  

What would have been the harm of waiting a month to decide on Johnson?  

Aside from the RT boys giving it a bad audience score it’s making shed loads of money and the critics and the vast majority of fans loved it. It’s so much better than TFA.

I can’t wait for Johnson’s trilogy. 

There’s definitely a focus. The whole film is about failure and it permeate every single storyline. The film gets better with repeat viewings. TFA diminishes with same.

TLJ has the homour “issue” which is think is actually great. Some of it is very dark and the humour is welcome. 

It has balls and depth. Two things entirely absent from TFA.

TFA has something that TLJ can't match: it was first. It resuscitated the franchise, gave millions of fans globally a new idol (Rey/Daisy Ridley) and it gave us a new Star Wars score with a strong theme for the heroine; a huge return for Williams. TFA may have played it safe, but it paid off and introduced a new trilogy.

The fans are fickle. Too close, not enough. Nostalgia has poisoned the well, RO and TLJ are the first indicators of that. You could have all the elements of Star Wars faithfully recreated and still have a backlash because there's nowhere for the universe to go, it's all there, labelled, packaged and on lunchboxes and MacBook covers. Tie Fighters, X-Wings, The ForceTM are what people associate with the identity of Star Wars and nothing new can ever come about.

24 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Say what you want about the Prequels, Lucas wasn't very interested in nostalgia.

That was when Lucas could command an entire studio with his $$$ and didn't have to worry about the social media Lynch mob.

James Cameron was right, Lucas was trying out new things and not repeating the same Star Wars Tropes and imagery.

1,7 billion worldwide

7 hours ago, Arpy said:

That was when Lucas could command an entire studio with his $$$ and didn't have to worry about the social media Lynch mob.

James Cameron was right, Lucas was trying out new things and not repeating the same Star Wars Tropes and imagery.

The prequels were new - but bad.