THE LAST JEDI - Rough Complete Score Breakdown - SPOILERS ALLOWED

Will

Looks like there are some pretty sweet highlights left off the OST. Generally, I'm a pretty big fan of JW underscore, so I hope we get more of that with the FYC album or from somewhere else. I especially want more Holdo/Resistance material. Right now TLJ is missing that extra touch of intricate JW underscore, which I felt was also absent from most of TFA aside from the beautiful passages between Han and Leia and in a few other spots. 

I felt the same way about AotC, the OST had most of the big highlights, but once we got some of the more subdued, underscore-like material from the games the score felt more fleshed out. The same will probably be true for TLJ.

On 2017-12-20 at 3:29 AM, Will said:

Escape Part 2 - Heard after Rebel Fanfare on OST; several differences between OST and film, most importantly the film's tracking in of the Luke's theme (main theme) statement from OST "Who Are You?" and omission of the first (short) Resistance march statement heard on OST, and the OST's omission of a heroic Poe's theme statement

I don’t think they tracked Luke’s theme from “Who are You”, if you listen to Escape FYC at 1.48 Luke’s theme is different from what you hear in “Who are You”. 

On 12/27/2017 at 8:47 PM, Demodex said:

Any chance of updating this now that the FYC is out?

Probably not, unfortunately. It was a lot of work! ;)

2 hours ago, Smaug the iron said:

I don’t think they tracked Luke’s theme from “Who are You”, if you listen to Escape FYC at 1.48 Luke’s theme is different from what you hear in “Who are You”. 

Yep, I realized that when I heard the FYC. Definitely different. :up: