How did people manage to get the film versions of the music from the indiana jones movies back in the day before TSC?

templeofwhat

I found some of the clean originals on YouTube (like the club fight score  from TOD), but i could not find the original "Short Round Helps" and "Water!" scores. (They just sound better imo.) So can someone here maybe teach me how to clean rip the originals like people did back in the day?

Or if someone has the original "short round helps" ect., could you please maybe send me a copy of them? (Doesn't matter the quality.)

I just really need them in my life!

They sound so good!!

There is only one version of Short Round Helps, that cue has no alternates.  I dunno what you're talking about.

And the original version of Water is on the Concord CD; The film version uses an Insert that was recorded later.

The Anything Goes overlay for the club fight sequence can be ripped pretty cleanly from the rear channels of the DVD or blu ray.

We never got any clean ToD unreleased music before the Concord set

there's no bootlegs and it's impossible to rip DVD's with the music completely clean

That's not QUITE true - there was clean music available via the "LEGO Indiana Jones" video game.

I can't remember if it came out before or after the Concord expansions, but it was right around the same time.

It's because the game files stored the village cue with bird sounds over it in one file, and the exact same bird sounds by themselves in another file.    So if you reverse the phase of the clean bird sound file and mix it over the combined file, the bird sounds phase out.

I love the reverb in the TOD film mix.

The only legit bootleg we had back in the day was an expanded Last Crusade in dreadful sound quality comparable to the Hook bootleg and Botanicus Theme. I've suspected they came from the same place.

I don't understand, on youtube i also found the clean original version of "Water!" along with "The Sword Trick" and that bridge fight scene, However that video got blocked.

And apparently there was a part one of the original "Short Round Helps" that got deleted.

Also there's a page in this site that has clean sound clips of unreleased inserts and scores (except for the water insert, darnit) so i don't understand how its "impossible" to rip music clean, there MUST be a way!

Or rather, edit the soundclip to make it clean?

We've covered this ground with you multiple times already, but I'll try again because I'm a nice guy.

The version of "Water" on the Concord CD IS is "original version".  It's how Williams originally composed the cue for the scene.  Later, Spielberg changed the editing of the scene and/or asked for the music to be rewritten, so a new Insert was recorded that changed the cue.  The Insert is not on the CD, but is heard in the film.

Likewise the version of "Short Round Helps" on the Concord CD is the only version of the cue ever recorded.  He never went back and wrote any inserts or revisions or changed anything.  IIRC Spielberg did re-edit the scene and the music editor artificially extended the cue by looping a part of it, but Williams had nothing to do with that.

Are the pages with unreleased music you're referring to, these pages?

http://indianajonesmusic.blogspot.com/2008/11/indiana-jones-and-temple-of-doom-1984.html

http://indianajonesmusic.blogspot.com/2008/11/missing-music.html

If so, all that unreleased music is either ripped from the LEGO game (2m2 Revised Map Extension & 3m1 The Old Priest's Tale) or simply ripped from the rear channels of the movie itself, off the DVD.  And we already told you how to rip rear channels of DVDs here.  And yes, IIRC I purposely chose 30 second sections that avoided sound effects for that Missing Music page whenever possible.