Obi

THE ADVENTURES OF HAN - 2018 John Williams theme for Solo: A Star Wars Story

Re: Han B (Searching), I can't help but think of Jyn Erso's theme, itself also bearing a slow mordent-like figure on the minor third degree of the scale followed by the tonic then fourth (fourth then tonic in the case of Han) but without the ternary rhythmic tricks of Han. They employ similar treatments of the minor tetrachord. Obviously no real connection other than them being protagonist themes in the first two SW anthology films, with Giacchino paying homage to Williams, with Jyn vaguely resembling the Force or Across the Stars. They all connect in a low res way.

21 hours ago, The Five Tones said:

Re: Han B (Searching), I can't help but think of Jyn Erso's theme, itself also bearing a slow mordent-like figure on the minor third degree of the scale followed by the tonic then fourth (fourth then tonic in the case of Han) but without the ternary rhythmic tricks of Han. They employ similar treatments of the minor tetrachord. Obviously no real connection other than them being protagonist themes in the first two SW anthology films, with Giacchino paying homage to Williams, with Jyn vaguely resembling the Force or Across the Stars. They all connect in a low res way.

Or Imperials/Krennic 1 for that matter, minus the tetrachord part. Fast lower neighbour tone figure followed by descending interval.

Has anyone got that original mock-up of the leaked Williams sketch of his two Han Themes? I'm sure someone transcribed that leak into a mock-up and it was fabulous in piano form!

I went back through the thread looking for it but it's been deleted.

The Score Podcast leaked a sheet and someone here made a piano mockup based on it, but all those posts were deleted when the Score guys were asked to take the sheet down.

4 hours ago, hornist said:

I just don't get it. We have now the real music(which is great, except powell) 

why this interest of the mockups? And the love for the trailer music😱 you don't know who is JW.  My final post. Cheers. 

What are you on about? @crumbs was just asking about the recordings I made a few months ago, it was an exciting time, right on the cusp of some brand new Williams music. Why are you such a wet blanket?

Listened to this very much lately, suggesting it to our orchestra for a great encore for a film night. Since it is available by Hal Leonard we should buy this. Such an amazing piece of music, the film was awful so was the score but this piece survived. Ear worm stuff that theme is.