Do you own LLL's The Poseidon Adventure?

Josh500

LLL's The Poseidon Adventure   

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own LLL's The Poseidon Adventure?

2. 2. How do you like the score of The Poseidon Adventure?

• 5 stars
    • 4,5 stars
    • 4 stars
    • 3,5 stars
    • 3 stars
    • 2,5 stars
    • 2 stars
    • 1,5 stars
    • 1 star
    • I don't know this score.

I've also bought more than my fair share of CDs. I only have a few hundred soundtrack CDs, but many, many more classical.

There's no proper eBay in Norway either, but I buy and sell using the UK and German sites.

Anyway, there's no reason to sell CDs you actually like!

On 1/8/2018 at 3:12 PM, Josh500 said:

800 CDs. If a CD has on average 1 hour of music, that's 48,000 hours, or 2,000 days, or 5,5 years.

And supposing you listen to music on average 6 hours each day, it's 22 years! 

You'd need to spend around 22 years to go through your entire CD collection! Seems like a good number, but I'd say that's the absolute maximum, if you really want to enjoy your music, and not just collect CDs for the sake of adding to your collection.

Again, just my opinion.

Better get your math right. Because of a sloppy error your estimate is 60 times too large.

800 CDs with an average duration of 1 hour gives a total of 800 hours, or 33 days, or 0,09 years.

Assuming you listen to music on average 6 hours a day, that's 133 days or 0,37 years.

That's why I own more than 800 CDs.

14 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

One thing we can agree on, collecting (and listening to) film music is most definitely NOT fashionable...

Fashion is for people without style.

14 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Problem is, being at the southern tip of Africa, postage to the northern hemisphere is astronomical, and extremely unreliable.

I don't see your problem, since according to yourself you own at most 20-30 CDs that you regret buying.

53 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I don't see your problem, since according to yourself you own at most 20-30 CDs that you regret buying.

That's 20-30 CDs that I could sell and replace with some that I do want!

I have a few OOP LEs that would easily fetch $30-40 per title if I was in the northern hemisphere.

Hypothetically, if I decided to part with my LLL or FSM Poseidon, what do you guys think they would be worth?

I've tried posting them on the local equivalent of eBay with no success. We just don't have a film culture here, movies are seen purely as throwaway entertainment. We don't really have a collectors culture either.