JW won another Grammy

Dzadza

53 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Yay! Congrats JW!

Except, didn't he write that piece like 15 years ago? Is it specifically the recording he did for the Spielberg/Williams album?

Yeah this is the last thing I expected to see when I opened this thread. :lol:

But I'm still glad. Yeah, it must be for the new album. 

Just saw the news and came on here to see if it’s been mentioned and alas! Congrats to the maestro himself. Now I have it playing on my surround sound at home. 

3 hours ago, crumbs said:

Yay! Congrats JW!

Except, didn't he write that piece like 15 years ago? Is it specifically the recording he did for the Spielberg/Williams album?

Well they technically awarded it 15 years ago, but they had trouble tracking him down to give it him.

Okay, even I admit this post lowers whatever bar there is around here for humor.   

one thing...I remember reading somewhere that JW is the recipient of the Trustees award this year - that's why I checked Grammys - still can't find anything about that 

yup - here it is

is that going to be in the show?

I'm watching right now but it's boring

They just briefly mentioned JW's win of that lifetime award with a 3 second clip of him conducting Star Wars

Congratulations to Maestro Williams for the win! :) 

7 hours ago, crumbs said:

Yay! Congrats JW!

The version on the Spielberg/Williams Collaboration III is a new revised arrangement.

12 hours ago, Incanus said:

The version on the Spielberg/Williams Collaboration III is a new revised arrangement.

Damn composers! Give them the opportunity to record 4 times a work... they will manage to record 4 different versions! ;)

12 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Damn composers! Give them the opportunity to record 4 times a work... they will manage to record 4 different versions! ;)

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned. ;)

13 hours ago, Incanus said:

Congratulations to Maestro Williams for the win! :) 

Oh really?

It didn't sound as such.

I thought it was the same as the Signature edition.

I guess I should re-listen following the score to see what are the changes.

Edit: Oh, yes. I'm in Reflections now and it's a new arrangement, mainly the addition of the bass and its cadenza among other little things here and there.