Stupid and/or funny quotes about JW

Jurassic Shark

As a comment to the below Youtube video, a user wrote:

I was so confused about John Williams' overly accomplished life until I realized that film composer John Williams and classical guitarist John Williams are in fact two different people. The trouble that understanding could have saved me in my undergrad...

You do not have to go that far to find pieces like these:

"Yes!!! John Williams ripped off Holst and made big $$$ doing it. I wish Holst were around to get a huge piece of that action or at least to have left Williams laying prone in a puddle of his own blood."

"John Williams is a plagiarist."

"how to write like John Williams: steal stuff from any good composer from the romantic period to the Soviet era."

"How to write like John Williams: Steal his score sheet and run like hell!"

They are all in the videos of Beato.

The best was about one guy saying that the 10 minutes of Beato video about Williams had much more content than the course of U$100 taught by Hans Zimmer. But unfortunately, I lost when I closed the window for the video.

Hell, the quote in the other thread where the guy was supposedly complimenting Williams was just basically saying the CMIYC score was forgettable aside from the main title. Did he hear Recollections? Idiot.

57 minutes ago, James said:

"John Williams is a plagiarist."

Hehe. When I was in college I got my music professor to put the kibosh on a proposed presentation by a fellow student that had that exact title. Good times. 

10 hours ago, gkgyver said:

I vaguely remember an anecdote Spielberg told about Schindler's List ... 

Well, there's the anecdote of Williams himself! (Someone posted this video recently and I've watched it several times. This is good for health).

3:35