"2018 is gonna be one for the books", says LLL regarding JW

phbart

27 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

HARRY POTTER!

The thing is, since the RS of the 2 Harry Potters are out, this won't make such an impression as something that was not, but of course it would be great to have official releases.

i wonder if that phrase they used meant the year will have the most Williams releases, or the most important ones!

Oh boy! I am loving this happy birthday wish and news. I wonder what scores from the Maestro will be given the deluxe treatment. Perhaps one or two (dare I say three) of his scores from his collaboration with Steven Spielberg? His scores to the first three Harry Potter films? I cannot begin to imagine. Awesome tease.

I bet Schindler's List will come this year for its anniversary (like E.T. and CE did last year).

(and also I hope it doesn't have the program arrangement of CE)

I don't see any other anniversary title of 1970-2005 that could get an expansion, except for Stepmom.

1 hour ago, Woj said:

Possibly, because the saying is supposed to be one "for the ages." 

well, the phrase "one for the books" is used from what it seems:

https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/one+for+the+books

3 hours ago, Joe Brausam said:

I wouldn't complain about any of those!

On the contrary.

If they can't get a grip after 15 fucking years and release the iconic Harry Potter 1-3 scores, then for all I care, they can go piss up a rope.

Awesome news and this is better be something spectacular. Don't you go getting our hopes up for nothing LLL!

6 hours ago, filmmusic said:

I bet Schindler's List will come this year for its anniversary (like E.T. and CE did last year).

(and also I hope it doesn't have the program arrangement of CE)

Apart from a single recorder version of the main theme, the film insert of I Could Have Done More and the numerous source pieces, what is there to expand for Schindler's List?

57 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Apart from a single recorder version of the main theme, the film insert of I Could Have Done More and the numerous source pieces, what is there to expand for Schindler's List?

I remember also an alternate end title, and the film version and alternate of The Money exchange.

I'm sure there could be something more in 4cds worth of RS to make an expanded cd. :lol:

10 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

Expanded The Book Thief.

With additional music by Howard shore. :D

9 hours ago, Thor said:

Yes.

C'mon, you don't have a soul (neither do I) :D

8 hours ago, Woj said:

Possibly, because the saying is supposed to be one "for the ages." 

Then it would be SW.

6 hours ago, Not Mr. Big said:

You're all reading way into this.  He just means there are going to be some fantastic books released this year.

I've heard Thor will start on his book.

What I want: Star Wars OT, Indy and Schindler's List

What I'll get: Witches of Eastwick, Amistad, Minority Report and some obscure late 1960's or early 1970's JW score.

That LLL remark makes it sound as if it is going to be outstanding. So it has to me more that two releases (thats what they usually release from Williams per year), or some great score. Or both...meaning a film series release...