"2018 is gonna be one for the books", says LLL regarding JW

phbart

Perhaps they assume people would be excited about more Don Davis?

We need an expansion of A Goofy Movie! :P

5 hours ago, Batman's Diet Coke said:

It feels of the JP musical universe in a way the Giacchino turd never could. It's also way more entertaining.

Of course it does, it uses the Williams theme a dozen times! 

Though I wouldn't be surprised if Davis felt pressured to do that.

4 hours ago, Amer said:

A kinda of 'meh' for many of us but the wider implications of the release could mean a proper restoration of the earlier classic three films with no one else but Mike Matessino at the helm?

I like the theory but it's highly unlikely LLL would ever imply a Williams release, let alone one of the Indy scores, would illicit a 'meh' reaction. Seems like a surefire way to end that collaborative relationship.

I do think it's likely the "wider implications" part would indicate the score is part of a franchise of desired scores though, and this particular score might be one of the less coveted scores in that series. I just doubt it's Indy.

On 6/5/2018 at 8:00 AM, lemoncurd said:

reading the newsletter I received from LLL a few hours ago for the second time now and I can't find the "?". :blink:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/18099-the-official-la-la-land-records-thread/&do=findComment&comment=1488659

14 hours ago, Amer said:

Maybe the wider implications could refer to the current sequels, starting with JURASSIC WORLD?

But they've already released two JP scores. I don't see how JP3 would come with exciting implications.

A score from a previously untouched franchise, or from a set of scores previously thought to be unavailable (e.g. because perpetually owned by Varese*, as suggested above) seems like the best fit.

*) Though given their history, I expect Varese to handle those themselves, in (more or less) due time.

On 6/5/2018 at 11:06 PM, bollemanneke said:

I'd buy Jane Eyre.

I stumbled over this expanded bootleg of Jane Eyre on eBay, but I didn't buy it. I thought the original score recordings was lost, so can anybody tell whether this is taken directly from the film, including dialogue?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

oh it's this bootleg line with those hilarious record label names... :pat: I bet they are quite known here? I felt for it quite a few times when I was young. I remember phoning one seller at ebay, asking where he got those "marvelous" releases.... He wasn't very talkative. :P

The only legitiimate release of music from Jane Eyre is the OST album.  Any bootlegs are just sourced from ripping the music out of the movie itself and/or re-recordings other orchestras later did of his music.  The recording sessions have never leaked, and as far as anyone knows are lost to time.

21 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

I hate bootlegs and especially this bootleg line!

This bootleg line is great. I partook multiple times in my early collecting years. It was a great way to obtain expansions before internet sharing was widely open and available. 

8 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Jane Plays The Piano A Little Bit.

Nice, imaginative track name there. Better than The Piano Scene I suppose.

While that must have been invented by the bootleg compiler Johnny has been known to come up with some rather matter-of-fact track titles. :P

And is this year going to be one for the (history) books? Has anything momentous been released yet JW-wise by LLL? I don't count Superman IV momentous btw. Or is every one of these purported releases going to be in the last quarter of the year?

4 hours ago, Incanus said:

And is this year going to be one for the (history) books? Has anything momentous been released yet JW-wise by LLL? I don't count Superman IV momentous btw. Or is every one of these purported releases going to be in the last quarter of the year?

Has there ever been a year in the books *without* a significant Williams release before?

49 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Has there ever been a year in the books *without* a significant Williams release before?

Actually we have been rather spoilt with multiple JW releases every year for quite a while now even in those years when the Maestro isn't releasing new score. But I am saving my pennies and hope for something equally as momentous as last year's E.T. and Close Encounters or the JP Collection in 2016. John Williams+Mike Matessino+LaLa-Land is a winning combination. :) 

Excuse me, buw how was ET and CE3K big? I'm not familiar with CE3K, but ET was basically released in its entirety already, right? All we have now is, as it should be, of course, one album that contains everything. But compared to TLW, ET wasn't that special... was it?

34 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Excuse me, buw how was ET and CE3K big? I'm not familiar with CE3K, but ET was basically released in its entirety already, right? All we have now is, as it should be, of course, one album that contains everything. But compared to TLW, ET wasn't that special... was it?

ET was never complete, and the most complete version until the new release had the worst sound. Also, both are absolute top tier scores.

Why all this talk about Jane Eyre? Both the sheet music and session tapes no longer exist, so don't waste your time hoping for an expansion.

42 minutes ago, Bespin said:

HEY E.T. 2017 WAS BIG.

It was not so much about the "content", but the "quality" of the mix (and of course, a little bit too for the reissue of the original album -AT LAST!-). 

Anyway, every new Mike Matessino release IS BIG!

Go to his webpage, and try to buy every JW releases he was involved in.  That's the only thing to do!!!

DO IT! :P

http://www.mikematessino.com/projects/

I will, after he has tackled Hook.

Also, regarding Jane Eyre, who says the sessions tapes don't exist anymore? I thought they were lost, so couldn't they still be found?

39 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

I will, after he has tackled Hook.

Also, regarding Jane Eyre, who says the sessions tapes don't exist anymore? I thought they were lost, so couldn't they still be found?

He won't tackle Hook until:

a) the person who stole the Ultimate War session tapes returns them to Sony

b) Sony change their mind and allow bootlegs to be used as a source for an official score release

c) a formerly unknown new source of the session tapes surfaces

Forget about B. Who knows about A. If C were possible, we would know by now (as LLL would've searched for them for the 2012 release).

Perhaps, under the cover of anonymity, whoever possesses those tapes might be willing to lend them to LLL so they can be scanned. I won't hold my breath though.

8 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

You should put transcription (Silva Screen) between quotation marks. It's not worth that term. Their Carriage Ride to Thornfield sounds like it was written by ear by a seven-year-old. Disgraceful.

Cheapo Silva - couldn't even be bothered to pay for the original arrangements. I feel that's very often the case on their compilations.

15 minutes ago, Miguel Andrade said:

Those recordings are occasionally decent.

As for the piano track, just occurred to me that it might be the Dan Redfeld recording on BSX Records.

Occasionally is indeed the correct word.