"2018 is gonna be one for the books", says LLL regarding JW

phbart

This year for the books thing is sounding increasingly ridiculous by the day to me. 2017 was a year for the books with Titanic, no doubt about that. But if they say 2018 will be a remarkable JW year and then come with SPR in August, they'd better have something HUGE planned for the next four months. Not just Schindler's List. Or did they really mean that it was gonna be such a  bad year that we would write books about it?

On 8/2/2018 at 3:14 PM, bollemanneke said:

This year for the books thing is sounding increasingly ridiculous by the day to me. 2017 was a year for the books with Titanic, no doubt about that. But if they say 2018 will be a remarkable JW year and then come with SPR in August, they'd better have something HUGE planned for the next four months. Not just Schindler's List. Or did they really mean that it was gonna be such a  bad year that we would write books about it?

Honestly are you really upset about this? It’s just a throwaway quote. And you still have 4 months left in the year. 

• 1 month later...

Iam hoping that SUPERMAN should be a 3CD set with the OST album intact. It's also a great album. I have been dreaming of  remastered cleaned up version of it. Also I'd love to have it redone for the Vinyl. 

On 2/8/2018 at 3:45 PM, phbart said:

On 2/8/2018 at 4:09 PM, Jay said:

I agree with their assessment.

He knows something.

In addition to Saving Private Ryan and Schindler's List; very excited!

On 9/13/2018 at 4:17 PM, JohnnyD said:

He knows something.

Do you remember his comment, when we were all complaining about the fact that Intrada put film edits on their The Mummy release? He said that there would be a John Williams release coming from La-La Land that features recreated film edits as well. And what could that possibly be? :wizard:

4 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

At last! The film version of the ending of "T-Rex Rescue and Finale"! 

Shut up! Anyone who is longing for that crappy edit shoul be hanged! (I'm sorry, but I hate that edit so much.)

2 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Shut up! Anyone who is longing for that crappy edit shoul be hanged! (I'm sorry, but I hate that edit so much.)

I'm joking, dude, don't worry. The edit doesn't get my panties in a bundle, but I'm indeed glad it hasn't appeared in album form.

That is a very crappy edit indeed. But I won't throw any tantrums if LLL recreates the film Diagon Alley, Lonely First Night, Entering the Diary, The Chamber Opens and so on, mostly as extras, of course.

I'm struggling to remember off the top of my head - what scenes in Chamber of Secrets messed around with the music as recorded?  Outside of the parts that are just edited bits of HP1 recordings I mean.

Apart from a few dialed out segments and maybe the usual microedit or two, none I think, just the preplanned (?) cues tracked from HP1.

4 hours ago, Holko said:

That is a very crappy edit indeed. But I won't throw any tantrums if LLL recreates the film Diagon Alley, Lonely First Night, Entering the Diary, The Chamber Opens and so on, mostly as extras, of course.

I love the T-Rex edit, or at least its effect. The physical edit is less than ideal, but I have it in my playlist and none of you have to listen to it :)

The only Potter film edit that I want (or will replicate) is Diagon Alley because I think it's way better and more effective than that old English folky stuff that JW wrote, which does nothing for me. That was one major occasion of seeing the film, then listening to the OST and thinking what the hell is this?

• 2 weeks later...

4 hours ago, phbart said:

Amazon is listing the Indy digital releases as Walt Disney Records. Whatever LLL is planning for the books this year, it won't be Indy.

Screenshot_20180926-190339_Samsung Internet.jpg

Well at least we know Concord's licence has expired. 10 years as hoped (and the vinyl reissues appear to have been their last hurrah as theorised). 

Now the question is whether Disney reissue the OSTs or Bouzerou's expansions. 

I got the Concord RAIDERS Vinyl. I was hoping for TEMPLE OF DOOM AND LAST CRUSADE as well but I guess these will likely come out from Disney in the coming years.

Well the original copyright listed on the Amazon image above is 2008, so I would imagine it's the Concord release.

Shucks, I'm getting nostalgic for that time...y'all remember the speculation? I prefer to remember it without thinking of the asinine posts I made in those days....

1 hour ago, Nick Parker said:

Shucks, I'm getting nostalgic for that time...y'all remember the speculation? I prefer to remember it without thinking of the asinine posts I made in those days....

No worries, you still do!

:D

5 hours ago, crumbs said:

Well at least we know Concord's licence has expired. 10 years as hoped (and the vinyl reissues appear to have been their last hurrah as theorised). 

Now the question is whether Disney reissue the OSTs or Bouzerou's expansions. 

I don't think Disney will put major efforts on new Indy soundtrack releases for the time being. They will wait to revive the franchise first, but that won't happen until 2021 according to the current plans.

30 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

I don't think Disney will put major efforts on new Indy soundtrack releases for the time being. They will wait to revive the franchise first, but that won't happen until 2021 according to the current plans.

Don’t be too sure of this technicality you’ve encountered. The ability to release a remaster is insignificant next to the power of Shawn Murphy and Disney.