"2018 is gonna be one for the books", says LLL regarding JW

phbart

14 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Maybe they discovered long lost first generation masters for Dracula?

No, unfortunately nothing can beat a vinyl transfer concerning this score. Did you hear my own restoration from a Mint UK pressing? Far superior than the actual CD!

6 minutes ago, Bespin said:

No, unfortunately nothing can beat a vinyl transfer concerning this score. Did you hear my own restoration from a Mint UK pressing? Far superior than the actual CD!

Hm, interesting. I didn't hear it yet...

44 minutes ago, Jay said:

I don't understand the mentality behind bumping a La La Land thread when noticing the digital rights to Indiana Jones scores shifted from Concord to Disney Records.

Uh oh... someone went running to mommy, and mommy is mad. 😬

Seriously, Jay??? People are bumping up the SPR 20th Anniversary thread talking about member's age and talking about sexual starvation as a mean of birth control... and you're telling me about "mentality"? Get real!

It is a free forum. Members can post in any thread at any time unless the moderator uses a form of prevention. The dumbest use of practicing this freedom is when I bumped Manakin's April Fool prank in June just to post a picture of Jimmy Smits. :lol:

Trump is the moderator. So no such freedom...

Anyway, the moderator only "intervened" here because a wimpy little girl came running to his arms. Even so, he used the poorest argument ever.

43 minutes ago, phbart said:

Anyway, the moderator only "intervened" here because a wimpy little girl came running to his arms. Even so, he used the poorest argument ever.

I can’t tell if you’re being serious or taking the piss. 

I’m not sure which is the best case scenario...

I have no idea what you're talking about @phbart.  I see no intervening (intervening would imply some sort of post removal or editing, which didn't happen).  I see a someone (who happens to be a mod, sure) wondering out loud why someone wasted our time with an irrelevant post in a thread, but certainly no sort of moderation mandates about what should or should not be posted or anything like that.

So yea, not really sure what your problem is, or why you have such a hostile tone in your posts?

Just seems to me like it makes sense to talk about Disney taking over Concord's issues of the Indy scores on digital platforms in a thread about such a thing, and not a LLL thread since they never have and never will issue anything Indy related.

Jay, save it. I have no problem whatsover. You and the other fellow seem to have a major one. And drop the act. This thing of yours, the "What? Me? What did I do? I didn't say anything. I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't understand this, I don't understand that, bla bla bla"... it doesn't stick anymore. Your public persona is pretty evident by now. I simply talk back the same way people talk to me, and I'll continue to do so. If that's too much for you and your protégé, then deal with it! I've never been rude or offended anyone here unless I was treated in such a way. If you have a problem with "people wasting our time with irrelevant bumping of threads" (your words), then get some counseling because 90% of this forum is compromised, and maybe it's too much for you in your perfectly idealized world to handle.

15 minutes ago, phbart said:

I've never been rude or offended anyone here unless I was treated in such a way.

22 hours ago, phbart said:

Your mother!

And stop bitching about everything. You lool like a closet homo.

21 hours ago, phbart said:

Well... talk sh*t, get hit! There's no way around it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 hours ago, phbart said:

Uh oh... someone went running to mommy, and mommy is mad. 😬

1 hour ago, phbart said:

Anyway, the moderator only "intervened" here because a wimpy little girl came running to his arms. 

44 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Neil.

Oh lord he zinged my ass on more than one occasion! 

13 minutes ago, phbart said:

Jay, save it. I have no problem whatsover. You and the other fellow seem to have a major one. And drop the act. This thing of yours, the "What? Me? What did I do? I didn't say anything. I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't understand this, I don't understand that, bla bla bla"... it doesn't stick anymore. Your public persona is pretty evident by now. I simply talk back the same way people talk to me, and I'll continue to do so. If that's too much for you and your protégé, then deal with it! I've never been rude or offended anyone here unless I was treated in such a way. If you have a problem with "people wasting our time with irrelevant bumping of threads" (your words), then get some counseling because 90% of this forum is compromised, and maybe it's too much for you in your perfectly idealized world to handle.

Amigo, may I suggest you cool it, as well. Even if you were being treated so roughly--which I don't read--what good is being a jerk in return going to do? There's no value in such a line of behavior. You're making strange leaps of rhetoric that come off as overly antagonistic...you don't post here a lot anymore, but I remember you being a cool dude back in the day!

I decided to make my avatar be the most recently released or announced JW title for the rest of the year.  The next one may or may not be a LLL cover - stay tuned!

On 9/27/2018 at 6:07 PM, Jay said:

I decided to make my avatar be the most recently released or announced JW title for the rest of the year.  The next one may or may not be a LLL cover - stay tuned!

Interesting. Something else is coming. The only release from the Maestro that is known is in December with the 2 CD 25th anniversary edition of Schindler's List.

45 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

...you don't post here a lot anymore...

I wonder why...

But it's okay, man. It's no use, and I should've known better by now. I'm done with this sh*t anyway. Let's talk about LLL. Besides SPR now and SL on December, whatelse could they've prepared in between... 🤔

From a purely selfish perspective as an international buyer, I really hope they don't wait until December to announce/ship Schindler's List. It's the worst time of year for international shipping due to the volume of mail for Christmas + public holidays, meaning heavy delays into the new year. That would suck.

I guess it depends on whether SL is their last Williams release for the year or if they have something else lined up for Black Friday (I'm thinking MM has something... magical... up his sleeve). :wizard:

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

From a purely selfish perspective as an international buyer, I really hope they don't wait until December to announce/ship Schindler's List. It's the worst time of year for international shipping due to the volume of mail for Christmas + public holidays, meaning heavy delays into the new year. That would suck.

Yep, same for me. If I buy something mid-November, I'll certainly get it buy January.

7 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Just a question, who is Neil?

I'm green, you see.

Neil S. Bulk. He's in the multi-millionaire industry of the specialty labels now. I could say what I think about him, but I don't want to feed the "antagonist" inside me. I can say he definitely was not an easy person to talk to, while a member here.

5 hours ago, JohnnyD said:

Would you mind reiterating that, please? I don't understand what you are referring to or what you mean by that? The only release from the Maestro that is known is in December with the 2 CD 25th anniversary edition of Schindler's List.

I don't understand what you're confused about.  I'm simply using avatars that celebrate the latest Williams releases. I started with Superman IV, then The Cowboys, then TESB for the OST debuting on CD, then ET vinyl, now SPR. When the next one is announced, by whatever label may announce one, I'll change it to that, whatever it may be.

4 hours ago, crumbs said:

From a purely selfish perspective as an international buyer, I really hope they don't wait until December to announce/ship Schindler's List. 

MV already announced it as a December title.

1 hour ago, phbart said:

Neil S. Bulk. He's in the multi-millionaire industry of the specialty labels now. I could say what I think about him, but I don't want to feed the "antagonist" inside me. I can say he definitely was not an easy person to talk to, while a member here.

He really started the Star Trek quote craze, but he'd get surly if anyone else dared do it. He wagged his fingers at me occasionally for it. It's all mine now, and everyone else can share in the quotiness.

I've read his Twitter lately too. Another one who takes himself way too seriously these days.

7 hours ago, Jay said:

I don't understand what you're confused about.  I'm simply using avatars that celebrate the latest Williams releases. I started with Superman IV, then The Cowboys, then TESB for the OST debuting on CD, then ET vinyl, now SPR. When the next one is announced, by whatever label may announce one, I'll change it to that, whatever it may be.

It's really confusing when you created a thread announcing a new release by Goldsmithy, for example, and the first thing you see is the Saving Private Ryan cover and the thread title "Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend".:P

And wait a minute, you celebrate vinyl releases?! Don't let Bespin know that.