Williamswyler

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For now, there are only those JW DVD/BD available:

BD/DVD

p_2002ET.jpg

E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (2-Disc Limited Collector's Edition) (2002, Universal Studios Home Entertainment)

Special Features: John Williams performs the "E.T." score live with the film at the Shrine Auditorium 2002 Premiere.

p_broadwaysbest.jpg

Broadway's Best at Pops / Fiedler, Williams, Lockhart, Boston Pops O (2007, PBS)

Introduction; Ray Bolger - Once in Love with Amy; Bonnie Raitt & John Raitt - Hey There; Pearl Bailey - Hello Dolly; Selections from "Girl Crazy"; Audra McDonald - Mister Snow; Ben Vereen's Tribute to Bert Williams; Joel Grey - Willkommen; Tommy Tune - Tap your Troubles Away; Gregory Hines - Rhythm is my Business; Bernadette Peters - Broadway Baby; Barbara Cook - Losing my Mind; Kristin Chenoweth - Glitter and Be Gay; Tune Daly - Trouble; Bea Arthur & June Anderson - Ohio; Elaine Page - Don't Cry for me Argentina; Carol Channing - Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend; Sammy Davis Jr. - I Gotta Be Me; Ethel Merman - There's No Business Like Show Business; Credits.

p_johnnymercer_dvd.jpg

Clint Eastwood Presents - Johnny Mercer: The Dream's on Me (2009, TCM)

DISC 1: Great American Songwriter; "This Time the Dream's on Me"; A Southerner Through and Through; Wordplay; "Skylark"; "Jeepers, Creepers"; "Too Marvelous for Words"; Hoagy Carmichael; "Hooray for Hollywood"; Judy Garland; "Laura"; "That Old Black Magic"; "Blues in the Night"; "One for My Baby"; "Mandy Is Two"; Jerome Kern; A Capitol Endeavor; St Louis Woman; "Something's Gotta Give"; Li'l Abner; "Moon River"; "Days of Wine and Roses"; "I Wanna Be Around"; Closing Credits; DISC 2 - SPECIAL FEATURES: At the Piano with Clint Eastwood; with Clint Eastwood and John Williams; with Clint Eastwood and Jamie Cullum; STUDIO PERFORMANCES: "That Old Black Magic: - Jamie Cullum"; "This Time the Dream's On Me" - Morgan Eastwood; "I Had Myself a True Love" - Audra McDonald with John Williams; "Skylark" - Maude Maggart with Jamie Cullum; "Emily" - Alan Bergman with Jamie Cullum; "Too Marvelous for Words" - Michael Feinstein with Bucky Pizzarelli and Jay Leonart; "Laura" - Michael Feinstein with Bucky Pizzarelli; "Lazybones" - Dr John; "Any Place I Hang My Hat Is Home" - Dr John` "Talk To Me Baby" - Cleo Laine and John Dankworth; BIOGRAPHICAL MATERIAL: "Family History Photos" - Narrated by Nancy Gerard, Johnny Mercer's Neice` "The Art of Mercer" - Narrated by Nancy Gerard; "The Life of Johnny Mercer" Essay by Biographer Glenn T. Eskew.

p_tanglewood75th.jpg

Tanglewood 75th Anniversary Celebration / Ax, Serkin, Ma, Mutter, Taylor, Lockhart, Williams, Asbury, Nelsons, Boston Pops O, Tanglewood Music Center O, Boston SO (2013, C Major Entertainment)

Fanfare for the Common Man (Copland); Three Dance Episodes from On the Town (Bernstein); Selections from The Great American Songbook* (featuring James Taylor): Over the Rainbow / Shall We Dance / Old Man River; Excerpts from Keyboard Concerto in D major, Hob.XVIII:11 (Haydn); Andante Cantabile from String Quartet No. 1, Op. 11 (Tchaikovsky); Carmen Fantasy, Op. 25 (Sarasate); La valse (Ravel); Fantasia in C minor, Op. 80, "Choral Fantasy" (Beethoven); BONUS: The History of Tanglewood, John Williams about Tanglewood. Recorded live at Tanglewood, July 14, 2012. *Conducted by John Williams.

p_jwcelebration.jpg

A John Williams Celebration / Perlman, Dudamel, Los Angeles Philharmonic (2015, C Major Entertainment)

Olympic Fanfare and Theme; Three Pieces from "Schindler’s List"; Cadenza and Variations from "Fiddler on the Roof"; "Soundings"; "Escapades" from "Catch Me if You Can"; "Throne Room and Finale" from "Star Wars"; "Dry Your Tears, Afrika" from "Amistad"; "Imperial March" from "The Empire Strikes Back"*; Bonuses: Interviews with John Williams and Gustavo Dudamel. Recorded at Walt Disney Concert Hall, Los Angeles, 30 September 2014. *Conducted by John Williams.

Source: http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/dvd/index.htm

• 1 month later...
On 12/02/2018 at 9:19 AM, Bespin said:

For now, there are only those JW DVD/BD available:

BD/DVD

p_2002ET.jpg

E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (2-Disc Limited Collector's Edition) (2002, Universal Studios Home Entertainment)

Special Features: John Williams performs the "E.T." score live with the film at the Shrine Auditorium 2002 Premiere.

I recently did a great FLAC from this DVD, it's fun to listen even if the dialogues and Special FX are here. after all It's John Williams who's conducting!

On 4/2/2018 at 10:41 AM, Miguel Andrade said:

That bootleg DVD have been around for a decade or so. The Previn interview dates from the late 80's (can't recall the exact year right now).

1988, if it’s the “Personal Notes” program.

The DVD does not appear to have the other televised programme with Williams and Previn (and Rozsa!) where Williams hardly speaks a word. :)

But again, most -- if not all -- of these things are now on Youtube. Gone are the days when I could pride myself in having these rare, exclusive clips on my DVD-Rs and CD-Rs (and prior to that VHS!).

Not that there's anything wrong with it. Without Youtube, we wouldn't still have access to the CD-R interview material on the NIXON CD, for example, which no longer registers on any player I own.

Just now, Miguel Andrade said:

There is software that access the enhanced CD track and allows you to save the videos.

There is? I haven't really checked that out.

8 hours ago, thx99 said:

1988, if it’s the “Personal Notes” program.

Yes, that's the one. :up:

Just now, Thor said:

There is? I haven't really checked that out.

I haven't it installed right now, so can't recall the piece of software that I used to get access to the data track and grab the videos.

I wonder -- was NIXON the first soundtrack CD that had CD-ROM material like this (meaning live footage interviews and so on)? It was quite popular from the mid 90s to the early/mid 2000s.