Williams to be added to American Adventure (EPCOT) finale

thx99

Awesome! I visited Epcot last month, and was bummed to see that this attraction was temporarily closed... now I know they're just renovating it. Great news; he definitely deserves the honor!

24 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Never been at this attraction - so it's basically like the Hall of Presidents except with actual great Americans?

It's far grander. The whole show is a Cliff's notes of US history with robots hosted by Ben Franklin and Mark Twain. At one point, Ben Franklin walks up stairs.

5 hours ago, thx99 said:

"Walt Disney World announces updates for American Adventure at Epcot, including new American icons in finale"

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2018/02/walt-disney-world-announces-updates-american-adventure-epcot-including-new-american-icons-finale/

"New American icons are being added to the show’s finale, including legendary 'Star Wars' composer John Williams, astrophysicist Neil DeGrasse Tyson, and accomplished ballerina Misty Copeland. Also, the 'Golden Dream' anthem has been re-recorded with an all-new orchestration to bring the music and lyrics to life in a new way."

Does it "lessen" the honor that DeGrasse Tyson is also getting one? Seems like a low bar to clear to get one.

5 hours ago, TheUlyssesian said:

Does it "lessen" the honor that DeGrasse Tyson is also getting one? Seems like a low bar to clear to get one.

Why is it low bar?

Karol

He won't be an animatronic! He'll just be in a montage of film clips.

They should however add a scene with a robotic Horner bitching about James Cameron being more concerned about the sound effects of the automatic weapons than the score.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:30 AM, Quintus said:

So a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for this man isn't worth bothering with, but...

Williams is too humble for that business!

http://www.businessinsider.com/celebs-buy-3k-stars-2015-12

But it's not as simple as that. First, someone has to nominate these celebrities — this could be anyone from a publicist to a wealthy fan. Next, they must obtain that celebrity's consent, as the nominee must sign a form stating that they want a star, and that they will attend the unveiling of it.

If a person's application gets accepted, whoever did the nominating needs to pony up: a star costs $30,000. The Chamber of Commerce claims that half the cost goes into building the star, while the other half is used for upkeep. 

Anyway, I look forward to seeing Disney's John Williams robot.

• 7 months later...

Spent my day at Epcot Center in Orlando... I had forgotten that Williams had been added to the closing montage at the end of the American Adventure show. Wonderful surprise to see him alongside fellow artists like Jim Henson, George Lucas, and Walt Disney. 

The show itself is beautifully well done and I encourage everyone to check it out while at Epcot. 

2 hours ago, John said:

Spent my day at Epcot Center in Orlando... I had forgotten that Williams had been added to the closing montage at the end of the American Adventure show. Wonderful surprise to see him alongside fellow artists like Jim Henson, George Lucas, and Walt Disney. 

The show itself is beautifully well done and I encourage everyone to check it out while at Epcot. 

My thoughts, exactly.